Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Just a little update. I managed to install osx and got it up and running! It works relatively fine. Thanks for the advice!

Setup:

- Lan/Sound/M2 (500gb Samsung Evo 960)
- Bios version 7.00
- 8gb 2400 mhz
- 7600 CPU

I have two issues. One is that OSX randomly freezes every now and then. The computer requires a full restart to start working again. I have searched through the forum, but couldn't find a solution so far. I think the problem has to do with the LAN drivers, because it mainly happens during browsing and other ethernet requests. Anyone experienced something similar?

Secondly, I have problems installing my 16-gb ram module (Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr4-2400). Once installed the computer (most of the time) boots into osx, but closes every program I open with an errors. Also it reboots every now and then and often crashes during bootup. I tried different configurations in the config.plist file to get it working, but no luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Attached is my Clover folder

Not sure if related but, You forgot to spoof your intel graphic card. Without it you will not get proper graphics. . You need to insert a fake ID for your kaby lake graphic card and fakepcid kext.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

see 2.

Just for determining the problem, can you change the memory access speed to 2133 mhz?

Not sure if related but, You forgot to spoof your intel graphic card. Without it you will not get proper graphics. . You need to insert a fake ID for your kaby lake graphic card and fakepcid kext.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

see 2.

@dalogue, thanks I've tried to downclock the memory access speed to 2133 mhz in the bios. No difference however..

@freesby, I already spoofed the intel graphic card and injected the Kext prior to making my post. Everything related to graphics seems to work fine with 8gb of memory. Or do you see something wrong in my Clover folder? Thanks for the help!

config.plist:
```
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x19168086</string>
```

I already spoofed the intel graphic card and injected the Kext prior to making my post. Everything related to graphics seems to work fine with 8gb of memory. Or do you see something wrong in my Clover folder? Thanks for the help!

config.plist:
```
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x19168086</string>
```
I see, your entry is duplicated with different settings.
Screen Shot.png

Should the second IntelGFX instance where it says 0x0 be 0x19168086?
upload_2017-2-21_12-22-40.png

The value of 0x01000000 in the first IntelGFX instance is the same as AQAAAA== (base64).

Last edited:
I see, your entry is duplicated with different settings.
View attachment 237446

Thanks, it was indeed duplicated. I fixed it. I think it's now the same as explained in the thread:

Should the second IntelGFX instance where it says 0x0 be 0x19168086?
View attachment 237486

The value of 0x01000000 in the first IntelGFX instance is the same as AQAAAA== (base64).

This part is from the same guideline and is for the Skylake Glitch Fix.

Btw, I have both windows and OSX installed and the memory seems to work perfectly on windows!
Any other suggestions to get the memory working in OSX?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Thanks, it was indeed duplicated. I fixed it. I think it's now the same as explained in the thread:

This part is from the same guideline and is for the Skylake Glitch Fix.

Btw, I have both windows and OSX installed and the memory seems to work perfectly on windows!
Any other suggestions to get the memory working in OSX?
Maybe it is a problem with the single memory not being handled properly under OSX. Have you tried (1) putting the 8GB and the 16GB in at the same time or (2) putting a pair of 8GB's or a pair of 16GB's? I know its just grasping at a straw, but it might reveal something.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a problem with the single memory not being handled properly under OSX. Have you tried (1) putting the 8GB and the 16GB in at the same time or (2) putting a pair of 8GB's or a pair of 16GB's? I know its just grasping at a straw, but it might reveal something.

I was going to purchase your exact setup but unless you can solve the memory problem, I might try the Gigabyte GA-H110MSTX-HD3 board instead. It is basically the same board made by Gigabyte. However, just the board goes for $120 on Newegg.

(I contacted Gigabyte's technical support about whether their board supports 2400Mhz memory access and they said that it is a function of the Kaby Lake memory controller, and that they do not know.)

In my case it might be a hardware problem after all! A bsod showed up when using Windows, that seemed related to memory, which got me thinking. I ran Memtest and the 16gb module literally showed hundreds of errors.. Then I tried the same test with my 8gb module and the test didn't show any errors at all.. It might be the way how OSX handles memory different than Windows, which perhaps makes Windows less sensitive to faulty memory. I am not sure...

I will be sending back my 16gb module. I am also building a i3 deskmini for my girlfriend, so I will order another 8gb module , to see how it performs in dual channel. If it performs well, I will be using 2x8 instead of 1x16. I will let you know the results!

Regarding your setup. The 16gb is recognised in both the bios and in OSX, so a good change that a different module will work..

Last edited:
In my case it might be a hardware problem after all! A bsod showed up when using Windows, that seemed related to memory, which got me thinking. I ran Memtest and the 16gb module literally showed hundreds of errors.. Then I tried the same test with my 8gb module and the test didn't show any errors at all.. It might be the way how OSX handles memory different than Windows, which perhaps makes Windows less sensitive to faulty memory. I am not sure...

I will be sending back my 16gb module. I am also building a i3 deskmini for my girlfriend, so I will order another 8gb module , to see how it performs in dual channel. If it performs well, I will be using 2x8 instead of 1x16. I will let you know the results!

Regarding your setup. The 16gb is recognised in both the bios and in OSX, so a good change that a different module will work..
I know from my direct experience that OSX is more sensitive to faulty memory than Windows.

Last edited:
Want to chime in and say that my Hackmini is still working flawless, really impressed so far.

Want to chime in and say that my Hackmini is still working flawless, really impressed so far.
I could not find this in the topic, but what parts did you use?

I think I will use an i3 6100 or 7100 with the deskmini for a Hackintosh Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back