Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, somehow my Clover's config got messed up.

i5 6500
16gb DDR4
DW1560

Does anyone have a config.plist I could borrow?

i5 6500
16gb DDR4
DW1560

Each time that you install/update Clover it copies your previous configuration to your system drive in /EFI-Backups, you should be able to find your old config.plist there.

i5 6500
16gb DDR4
DW1560

My build is:
i7 6700
16gb DDR4
DW1560

Here is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 386
I have just installed Sierra with a i5-7500 after upgrading to the 7.00 BIOS. Memory speed is 2400 according to the BIOS and Sierra. Of course, you must upgrade the BIOS using a supported sky lake CPU first.
Thank you for your reply.

Were you able to install using the 7.00 BIOS or did you first install with the 1.41 BIOS and then upgrade your BIOS to 7.00?

I guess I can contact the seller of the Deskmini 110 to see if it has version 1.50 or 7.00 of the BIOS before I purchase the motherboard. (I don't have access to a Skylake processor.)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

Were you able to install using the 7.00 BIOS or did you first install with the 1.41 BIOS and then upgrade your BIOS to 7.00?

I guess I can contact the seller of the Deskmini 110 to see if it has version 1.50 or 7.00 of the BIOS before I purchase the motherboard. (I don't have access to a Skylake processor.)

Yes I was able to skip the previous versions, I upgraded from 1.10 to 7.00 directly. All the changes from the previous versions should be included in the last one, including macOS and kabylake support

I have just installed Sierra with a i5-7500 after upgrading to the 7.00 BIOS. Memory speed is 2400 according to the BIOS and Sierra. Of course, you must upgrade the BIOS using a supported sky lake CPU first.
can you share some detail? thanks

Yes I was able to skip the previous versions, I upgraded from 1.10 to 7.00 directly. All the changes from the previous versions should be included in the last one, including macOS and kabylake support
Since the serial ports being enabled by default was causing Mac OS X installation to fail, did they instead provide an option to disable serial ports in the BIOS? Just curious.

Since the serial ports being enabled by default was causing Mac OS X installation to fail, did they instead provide an option to disable serial ports in the BIOS? Just curious.

I think that option is only available for the COM model. The non COM model should have that option disabled and hidden by default in order to install macOS
http://www.asrock.com/support/support.asp?Model=DeskMini 110 Series&cat=BIOS

can you share some detail? thanks
After updating the BIOS version >= 1.50 using some compatible sky lake CPU, just follow this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

Hey guys! Just a little update. I managed to install osx and got it up and running! It works relatively fine. Thanks for the advice!

Setup:

- Lan/Sound/M2 (500gb Samsung Evo 960)
- Bios version 7.00
- 8gb 2400 mhz
- 7600 CPU

I have two issues. One is that OSX randomly freezes every now and then. The computer requires a full restart to start working again. I have searched through the forum, but couldn't find a solution so far. I think the problem has to do with the LAN drivers, because it mainly happens during browsing and other ethernet requests. Anyone experienced something similar?

Secondly, I have problems installing my 16-gb ram module (Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr4-2400). Once installed the computer (most of the time) boots into osx, but closes every program I open with an errors. Also it reboots every now and then and often crashes during bootup. I tried different configurations in the config.plist file to get it working, but no luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Attached is my Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 199
Hey guys! Just a little update. I managed to install osx and got it up and running! It works relatively fine. Thanks for the advice!

Setup:

- Lan/Sound/M2 (500gb Samsung Evo 960)
- Bios version 7.00
- 8gb 2400 mhz
- 7600 CPU

I have two issues. One is that OSX randomly freezes every now and then. The computer requires a full restart to start working again. I have searched through the forum, but couldn't find a solution so far. I think the problem has to do with the LAN drivers, because it mainly happens during browsing and other ethernet requests. Anyone experienced something similar?

Secondly, I have problems installing my 16-gb ram module (Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr4-2400). Once installed the computer (most of the time) boots into osx, but closes every program I open with an errors. Also it reboots every now and then and often crashes during bootup. I tried different configurations in the config.plist file to get it working, but no luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Attached is my Clover folder

Just for determining the problem, can you change the memory access speed to 2133 mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back