Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet, for the moment I'm using Xubuntu on it and it runs really well

I managed to install Sierra. Just problems with the onboard sound. There is also sort of flickering in the upper left screen rows. No matter if I use HDMI or DP but that's ok to live with.

can i get it up and running with g4440?

Hi, it has been a while.

I got analog audio working in 10.11 using MultiBeast 9.0 -

1 - MultiBeast, make sure you select both ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only) and 100 Series Audio.
2 - Reboot and you should see Intel High Definition Audio in System Report > Audio
3 - MultiBeast, make sure you select ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only)
4 - Reboot and you should see DeviceN (Manufacturer = Apple) in Devices in System Report > Audio, your audio should be working

Can anyone figure out HDMI audio?

Can anyone help manage a guide for installing Sierra on Deskmini? What's working and what's not?

Hey! Got the Deskmini yesterday. Got it working today.

Once you update the BIOS to the one posted in this thread, the installer will boot. After installation, Multibeast can take care of everything (UEFI, HD530, LAN kext is the latest one of the Intel drop-down list, and the sound procedure by mopidicks works perfectly).

I had to edit the clover config for the HD 530 glitch as covered in other threads.

Everything is working now, Sierra is rocking on my new Dell 4K monitor through DisplayPort.

Hey guys,

i still have problems with installing it. My Specs: Deskmini 110, Intel Pentium G4400.
I get to the Clover Bootloader and i chose the FakeCPUID 0x0306A0 and also tried the bootleg cpus=0 in combination but i always get the Kernel to panic. The BIOS configuration ist standard except for the changes Tony gave. Searching the forum didn't bring a solution yet.

Anyone has a tip?

Servus

Last edited:
I managed to bypass kernel panic with FakeCPUID 0x0106E0. I have a g3258.

Give it a try.

Edit - Not on a deskmini but I think it makes no difference.

If somebody gets a G4400 to boot with w/e ID is needed I'd like to know what settings you used to get it to boot the ELCap/Sierra installer to not KP every time. I've tried cpus=1 and 0x0306C0 inject-no inject intel id0x01912000 etc.

My original I3-6100 works great but I'm hesitant to swap cpu's until I know what works for sure for the G4400.
This little box makes me giggle using it every time cuz it's so small and powerful. I'm temped to get the best Kaby Lake CPU I can find that has GT4e graphics asap and forget using a G4400. :)

Hey! Got the Deskmini yesterday. Got it working today.

Once you update the BIOS to the one posted in this thread, the installer will boot. After installation, Multibeast can take care of everything (UEFI, HD530, LAN kext is the latest one of the Intel drop-down list, and the sound procedure by mopidicks works perfectly).

I had to edit the clover config for the HD 530 glitch as covered in other threads.

Everything is working now, Sierra is rocking on my new Dell 4K monitor through DisplayPort.

Heya, what is this HD 530 glitch? This is my first hackintosh :) im just creating my boot USB with unibeast at the moment.

The hardware I have is:

Deskmini 110, i3 6100, 16GB DDR 4 and a 120GB sata 3 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back