Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful setup High Sierra.
Kaby Lake i7-7700k/2x8gb/Samsung evo 960.
All are working good, instead of dual display mode. I can't make two displays working both at the same time. Even reconnect from one to another leads to crush and reboot. Also I observe some safari freezes after finish put down web address etc.

USB 3.0 ports give me speed ~400mbit/s. Same as USB 3.1. I don't know how to fix it.

Be grateful for any help with dual display and usb speed problems

Your are more likely to have better display support with system definition iMac18,1 and ig-platform-id 5926 for the iGPU. You can try my new EFI folder. Notice there's only one file in ACPI/patches. This file includes all the necessary fixes like USB and CPU power management. Please test it .

here's a partial list of my loaded kexts so far:

org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1759
as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.7
as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup (1.1.7
as.vit9696.Shiki (2.0.5
org.vanilla.driver.CPUFriend (1.0.1
as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.1.4
com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.6.1
com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet (2.3.0d0
org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID (1.3.9
com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.7
com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2 (2.2.7
org.tw.CodecCommander (2.6.3

CPUFriend is nice to load a custom PM for the CPU.

This didn't work for me period. I tried several times and no go. No wonder how some claim success following general instructions bellow. Maybe I am missing something. Can you share your EFI please? Just curious

Here it is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 598
AWESOME and so many thanks for sharing. I am positive this will work fine :)

Your are more likely to have better display support with system definition iMac18,1 and ig-platform-id 5926 for the iGPU. You can try my new EFI folder. Notice there's only one file in ACPI/patches. This file includes all the necessary fixes like USB and CPU power management. Please test it .

as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.7
as.vit9696.Shiki (2.0.5

Here it is.

BTW. Can anybody here test for Metal support with their Kaby Lake iGPU? under Sierra ? macOS says that Metal is supported for my intel HD 630 but the iGPU hangs and crashes with some software such as the satellite view in Maps and most tests in GFXBench Metal. The Metal API identifies my device as "Intel(R) SKL Unknown (low power: no, headless: no)" . That "Unknown" bothers me.

I think that didn't I had that problem with macOS 10.12.3 using the iMac 14,1 def, but the 'bug' persisted with any def after with the 10.12.4 update afterwards. (I settled with the 16,1 def btw, less problems.)

@freesby, were you able to resolve the issue with iGPU crashing under Sierra? My machine freezes and requires a hard shut-off every time I try to play full screen Youtube videos in chrome. I tried you config/kexts from a later post but no luck.

Last edited:
@freesby, were you able to resolve the issue with iGPU crashing under Sierra? My machine freezes and requires a hard shut-off every time I try to play full screen Youtube videos in chrome. I tried you config/kexts from a later post but no luck.

Yeah my hd 630 iGPU is working just fine. I have just tested it with Chrome . The problem was the lack of Kabylake drivers. It should work fine with 10.12.6 onwards.

Yeah my hd 630 iGPU is working just fine. I have just tested it with Chrome . The problem was the lack of Kabylake drivers. It should work fine with 10.12.6 onwards.

I went back to spoofing Skylake and all is well again. I spotted a couple of other posts with freeze/black screen flickers with native Kaby Lake support on 4K DP output. I had the same issue with 10.12.6 and a clean High Sierra install. I'll try again later.

as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.7
as.vit9696.Shiki (2.0.5

Here it is.

Thanks for posting this EFI! I just got the same ASRock deskmini 110, and have it paired with a Pentium G4620 (with HD 630). The SSD is using APFS.

Using your EFI, I was able to boot a 10.13 thumb drive and do a fresh install of 10.13. However, after installation I can only boot to desktop if I use safe mode.

If I boot in verbose I get a blinking message referring to "gIOScreenLockState3." Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi,
Can anyone guide me on how to install High Sierra? Kaby Lake and Samsung NVMe m.2 ssd.
The guide on this thread is outdated, relevant for Sierra only. What changes should I do for High Sierra ?

Thanks for posting this EFI! I just got the same ASRock deskmini 110, and have it paired with a Pentium G4620 (with HD 630). The SSD is using APFS.

Using your EFI, I was able to boot a 10.13 thumb drive and do a fresh install of 10.13. However, after installation I can only boot to desktop if I use safe mode.

If I boot in verbose I get a blinking message referring to "gIOScreenLockState3." Any ideas?

Did you try this?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/#post-1504116

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back