Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 Is Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Pi 3 B+ can do Mac OS 8 pretty well. Maybe better than original hardware...
I'd be Happy with OS 7!, I'll do some reading up. Yes I have P3 B+ with SoC: Broadcom BCM2837B0 quad-core A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit @ 1.4GHz. If successful would the Pi 3 B+ be the smallest Hackintosh?.

I'd be Happy with OS 7!, I'll do some reading up. Yes I have P3 B+ with SoC: Broadcom BCM2837B0 quad-core A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit @ 1.4GHz. If successful would the Pi 3 B+ be the smallest Hackintosh?.

I think Mac OS 9 also works well.

It's not really hackintoshing... The OS won't be running natively, it will be emulated.

The Pi Zero (or others in similar form factor) would probably be smallest.

Back in the early days of Intel hackintoshing around 2008/09 there were many Dell laptops and mini PCs (Core 2 Duos) that you could install Leopard and Snow Leopard on without much effort at all. Seemed like they were built to run OS X back then.

The Dell mini10v was my first hackintosh. Even did iMovie editing on it, although render time was slow. It was an Intel ATOM processor (N270 or something).

FYI:

When I first got the Optiplex 3050, before I set DVMT Pre-alloc with the Grub shell, I used stelenmem in DeviceProperties. I noticed that video quality was lower (everything looked blurrier) and there were less resolution choices than when DVMT Pre-alloc is properly set.

Pro tip:

Add Grub shell to /OC/Tools/ and config.plist > Misc > Tools.
Lastly, so you don't forget the Grub settings...

IMG_2656.jpg

Last edited:
Was bored today and tested single channel RAM vs dual channel...

Single Channel (8GBx1)
~1000 Geekbench Single Core
~2900 Geekbench Multi Core
~4400 Geekbench Compute OpenGL

Dual Channel (4GBx2)
~1030 Geekbench Single Core
~3300 Geekbench Multi Core
~4800 Geekbench Compute OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back