Contribute
Register

Aspire vn7-571g-71j5 hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my ioreg file using v2.1.
Greetings.

file: View attachment 122663

The injection of ig-platform-id looks correct, and FakePCIID is installed correctly. You must have deleted or otherwise damaged the Intel graphics kexts.

Do a fresh install.

Hehe you were correct, I forgot that I deleted them from the USB Installer. Once installed the graphics card is detected correctly, thank you very much.

After that, every time I boot the screen brightness is set to the minimum (it seems) and I can't figure how to fix this. I tried this steps from another post without success:

Haswell requires a slightly different DSDT patch and different data for AppleBacklightInjector.kext. The max value for Haswell is 0xad9 instead of 0x710.

I would recommend using ACPIBacklight.kext instead.

Haswell Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

I haven't patched my DSDT until now, with that, but the brightness slider doesn't show and using the shortcut keys doesn't work also.
DSDT patched with MaciASL and moved to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Hehe you were correct, I forgot that I deleted them from the USB Installer. Once installed the graphics card is detected correctly, thank you very much.

After that, every time I boot the screen brightness is set to the minimum (it seems) and I can't figure how to fix this. I tried this steps from another post without success:

I haven't patched my DSDT until now, with that, but the brightness slider doesn't show and using the shortcut keys doesn't work also.
DSDT patched with MaciASL and moved to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

I wrote a guide for backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

I think that my config file was causing that the patched SSDT couldn't be loaded at boot. I followed the steps on that guide, extracting the .aml files using F4 in clover, then disassembling them and I just patched SSDT-6 in my case with brightnessfix (Hashwell) from your repository.

In the config file i changed "DropOem" to true and now the brightness is working perfectly.

Thank you very much for all the help provided :)

In the config file i changed "DropOem" to true and now the brightness is working perfectly.

Yes, in order to provide patched SSDTs you always must drop the OEM SSDTs because otherwise the OEM SSDTs load first, and thus override any patched SSDTs you may provide.

Yes, in order to provide patched SSDTs you always must drop the OEM SSDTs because otherwise the OEM SSDTs load first, and thus override any patched SSDTs you may provide.

I'm not sure if QE/CI is enabled, seems like it isn't. I tried watching Netflix in HD and the screen saver animations but they look kinda slow. I tried patching with the HD 4400 patch but I don't see any difference. This is what says in the system report:

Intel HD Graphics 4400:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0a16
Revision ID: 0x000b
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

I'm not sure if QE/CI is enabled, seems like it isn't. I tried watching Netflix in HD and the screen saver animations but they look kinda slow. I tried patching with the HD 4400 patch but I don't see any difference. This is what says in the system report:

Intel HD Graphics 4400:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0a16
Revision ID: 0x000b
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

What HD4400 patch are you referring to?

Here is how to properly enable HD4400: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Should I do that even if I'm in Mavericks? I thought that it was natively supported. That guide says that I can do a DSDT injection or add a faked-id through clover, so just adding this
<key>Devices</key><dict>
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x04128086</string>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a260006</string>
in the config file (besides installing the kext mentioned there), should it work? I know that 0x02a260006 is the ID for 4400 but I don't know what to put in the IntelGFX section. Also there is mentioned something about the 9 MB buffer patch, but I'm not sure if that should go in the config file also.

Should I do that even if I'm in Mavericks? I thought that it was natively supported. That guide says that I can do a DSDT injection or add a faked-id through clover, so just adding this in the config file (besides installing the kext mentioned there), should it work?

HD4400 is supported natively on Mavericks with only ig-platform-id injection.

I know that 0x02a260006 is the ID for 4400 but I don't know what to put in the IntelGFX section. Also there is mentioned something about the 9 MB buffer patch, but I'm not sure if that should go in the config file also.

I think you're referring to ig-platform-id. And 0x02a260006 is invalid. Perhaps you mean 0x0a260006, which is a common ig-platform-id (used by the Apple MacBookAir6,2) that works with many HD4400 setups.

The ig-platform-id can be set in config.plist at Graphics/ig-platform-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back