Contribute
Register

Aspire 7750G laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Compaq 6300 Pro SFF Firmware 3.04 (clover)
CPU
Intel core I7 - 3.39 @2.3
Graphics
ATI Radeon 7450 HD @1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working version of 10.12 set up on my aspire 7750G, I finally got Ethernet working. Installed a wifi dongle. Was able to get logged into the AppStore to download 10.12.6.

I'm using unibeast to create the installer which is installing fine (no errors). Inthan upgrade clover to version 2.4 build 4200.

I have followed the guide ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ) as closely as I can, meaning I have updated fakesmc, and voodoops2 from rehabman. I have included the HFSplus.efi in its respective place on the boot drive. I have only managed to locate one of the kexts for my laptop (the Ethernet one) and loaded that in the other folder as well.

I have also added the updated config.plist to the clover folder (based on rehabmans laptop config files post) HD3000 1600x900 and re-labeled it config.plist.

I can get it to boot off the USB thumb drive in verbose. Than it stalls out at.

"IOConsoleUsers; gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Clearly I missed something along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_5598.JPG
    IMG_5598.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 109
I have a working version of 10.12 set up on my aspire 7750G, I finally got Ethernet working. Installed a wifi dongle. Was able to get logged into the AppStore to download 10.12.6.

I'm using unibeast to create the installer which is installing fine (no errors). Inthan upgrade clover to version 2.4 build 4200.

I have followed the guide ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ ) as closely as I can, meaning I have updated fakesmc, and voodoops2 from rehabman. I have included the HFSplus.efi in its respective place on the boot drive. I have only managed to locate one of the kexts for my laptop (the Ethernet one) and loaded that in the other folder as well.

I have also added the updated config.plist to the clover folder (based on rehabmans laptop config files post) HD3000 1600x900 and re-labeled it config.plist.

I can get it to boot off the USB thumb drive in verbose. Than it stalls out at.

"IOConsoleUsers; gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Clearly I missed something along the way.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Edit ignore this.. I see now you were asking for more information.

I understand that the issue is likely answered in your FAQ, I am having trouble locating where I went wrong.

In the FAQ it goes through lots of different errors and how to fix them, which I have found immensely helpful when trying to get the first version booting.

I have spent 4 days now trying things here and there and there is a steep learning curve to this (seeing as I was purely a windows guy before)

I understand that the issue is likely answered in your FAQ, I am having trouble locating where I went wrong.

In the FAQ it goes through lots of different errors and how to fix them, which I have found immensely helpful when trying to get the first version booting.

I have spent 4 days now trying things here and there and there is a steep learning curve to this (seeing as I was purely a windows guy before)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

hopefully this helps!

this version 10.12 version of Sierra isn't that stable, so it takes me a while cuz it keeps freezing. I just can't do too much at once.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5601.JPG
    IMG_5601.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
I have also logged into my bios and turned off the switchable graphic

hopefully this helps!

this version 10.12 version of Sierra isn't that stable, so it takes me a while cuz it keeps freezing. I just can't do too much at once.

Is that an attempt to boot the installer from USB?

yes, my pc will boot from the usb drive, than it will load clover, from clover I boot from the install Sierra tab, and it ends in that
Is that an attempt to boot the installer from USB?

yes, my pc will boot from the usb drive, than it will load clover, from clover I boot from the install Sierra tab, and it ends in that

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

the current build that I am using to type this (10.12) my buddy had created off his hacks,

I currently using Unibeast to create my boot installer, and I downloaded 10.12.6 Sierra update off out of the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back