i7-3770k
Graphics
Asus ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the vanilla guide at Dortania and everything works perfectly except for the Asmedia 1042 USB 3 ports which don't work at all with USB 2 or 3. I have tried GenericUSBXHCI with SIP disabled and USBInjectAll. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I followed the vanilla guide at Dortania and everything works perfectly except for the Asmedia 1042 USB 3 ports which don't work at all with USB 2 or 3. I have tried GenericUSBXHCI with SIP disabled and USBInjectAll. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Hi there.

GenericUSBXHCI was last updated in 2015 and knows nothing of recent macOS versions, unfortunately.

ASMedia 1*** was a third-party USB chipset that had some support in the past but nowadays it will probably not be detected and so remain invisible to Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave. Sometimes, depending on hardware, an ASMedia controller does appear in the RP** section of the IORegistryExplorer tree and will actually work, but the ports will not be configurable. This happens less and less these days.

Having the same issue here. Everything is working perfectly on Big Sur except for my USB 3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back