Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

This is my first post here. I have an ASRock board with two ASMedia 1042 USB 3.0 ports. I finally got the ports working using the CalDigit kexts for Mountain Lion. I used Kext Utility; I dragged & dropped into the Utility the two kexts files and waited for it to fix and after finish fixing, pressed the Quit button, closed the application and restart.

The USB 3.0 was not shown and listed in the System Report but when I plugged in a 3.5" USB 3.0 external hard drive into the USB 3.0 port, the drive was detected and appeared on the desktop. Tested and transferred an ISO file and am very happy with the transfer speed. You can check this link to download the kexts ......http://downloads.indiandragon.in/Downloads/USB3.0-ASM1042-OSX.html .......

I hope the above helps. It was an easy drag and drop, nothing to edit or inject. Just want to share this with the tonymacx86 community as I gained and learned a lot here.

Hope this solves the ASMedia USB 3.0 on El Capitan.

Cheers!

a

Last edited:
I have the same problem wth P9X79 Pro but these 2 Kexts make reboot the OS randomly :)

Any help appreciated.

Hi

I followed your directions to install the Generic USB 3.0 kexts using Kext Utility. I installed two kexts from the Mountain Lion folder found in the download. Did I get it wrong? Unfortunately, after the installation I could no longer boot into El Capitan. I am just wondering if you had to use a special Bios setup to get your usb 3.0 ports working after installing the kexts.

Thanks

AsRocks Z97 Extreme 4, I-7 4790

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have an ASRock board with two ASMedia 1042 USB 3.0 ports. I finally got the ports working using the CalDigit kexts for Mountain Lion. I used Kext Utility; I dragged & dropped into the Utility the two kexts files and waited for it to fix and after finish fixing, pressed the Quit button, closed the application and restart.

The USB 3.0 was not shown and listed in the System Report but when I plugged in a 3.5" USB 3.0 external hard drive into the USB 3.0 port, the drive was detected and appeared on the desktop. Tested and transferred an ISO file and am very happy with the transfer speed. You can check this link to download the kexts ......http://downloads.indiandragon.in/Downloads/USB3.0-ASM1042-OSX.html .......

I hope the above helps. It was an easy drag and drop, nothing to edit or inject. Just want to share this with the tonymacx86 community as I gained and learned a lot here.

Hope this solves the ASMedia USB 3.0 on El Capitan.

Cheers!

Thank you smpc for this info;).
Used those kexts from my ml backup and now all my usb 3.0 ports are working as they should (installed to S/L).
M/B is Asus P9X79, os 10.11.3.

Attaching kexts just in case.

Update: kexts don't work with asm1042a version.

Attachments

• usb3_ml.zip
    205.6 KB · Views: 497
Used those kexts from my ml backup and now all my usb 3.0 ports are working as they should (installed to S/L).

I confirm those kexts working with ASUS P9X79 LE on OS X 10.11.5:
ASMedia 1042 is a Hub but not a controller that is why it's not showing in system profiler
The 3.0 ports seem to be working on 2.0 speed but at least they're working now

No other methods work for this ASUS crap.
If anyone's reading this - don't take ASUS or Intel mobos for el Capitan
Gigabyte and MSI - are much much much better!

Thank you:
smpc for sharing the info
&
Il.F for sharing the kexts (previous link isn't working)

Attaching kexts just in case.

Update: kexts don't work with asm1042a version.

UPDATE: Kexts in Il.Fs post also work with ASmedia ASMT1051, and also keep Eltron EJ168A USB 3.0 working while making the USB3.0 buses disappear from System Information and IOreg Explorer. What I mean in detail is: If you look at my haus_k signature build with the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard, it has 2 Eltron USB3.0 devices onboard, with tow USB3.0 ports each. Without the two kexts (CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext), each of these devices show up in Apple System Information under "USB" as a "USB 3.0 bus" and also show attached media there. But I can not attach my AS media 1051 external usb3.0 case with whatever 2.5 inch HDD or SSD inside, as this device really messes with the system (IOReg Explorer keeps "mounting" and "unmounting" it like crazy, and every second time the computer crashes and reboots. So, no showing up of USB3 bus or media in System Information oder IOReg with these kexts, but on the other hand, they make the devices work. And the even have slightly better read/write speeds with these kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back