HD5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
my HD4600 works well in Clover. I wanna try OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID, how can I use it??

BTW: I've read the readme, but i can't catch what it said due my pool english. Would you please tell me in more clear points, such as 1)..2)..etc.?

Thanks a lot!

my HD4600 works well in Clover. I wanna try OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID, how can I use it??

BTW: I've read the readme, but i can't catch what it said due my pool english. Would you please tell me in more clear points, such as 1)..2)..etc.?

Thanks a lot!

If you're using the normal config.plist setup for HD4600 (eg. FakeID=0x04128086, Inject/Intel=true, ig-platform-id)

- install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
- remove the config.plist patch for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics (and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul if you still have this unnecessary patch)
- restore OpenCL dylib to vanilla

Do i need remove Fake ID & ig-platform-id in config.plist???

BTW: If i apply "#graphics_Haswell_0a260006.txt" patch, do i need remote it in DSDT??

Do i need remove Fake ID & ig-platform-id in config.plist???

BTW: If i apply "#graphics_Haswell_0a260006.txt" patch, do i need remote it in DSDT??

Please read what I already wrote.

If you're using the normal config.plist setup for HD4600 (eg. FakeID=0x04128086, Inject/Intel=true, ig-platform-id)

- install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
- remove the config.plist patch for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics (and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul if you still have this unnecessary patch)
- restore OpenCL dylib to vanilla

sorry, i can't catch your means.

as i understand, "remove the config.plist patch for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics (and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul if you still have this unnecessary patch)" is to remove Kernel & Kext Patches sections in config.plist. you didn't say anything on Fake ID in Devices section in config.plist. Right?

sorry, i can't catch your means.

as i understand, "remove the config.plist patch for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics (and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul if you still have this unnecessary patch)" is to remove Kernel & Kext Patches sections in config.plist.

Not the entire section. Just the patch(es) related to aforementioned kexts (and only the patches related to PCI ID matching).

you didn't say anything on Fake ID in Devices section in config.plist. Right?

Correct.

The main guide has now been updated to the new FakePCIID method.

Can we make our own custom injector or only those from Github will work?

Can we make our own custom injector or only those from Github will work?

You can make a custom injector for whatever device that might be applicable to the technique.

Hi Rehabman,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I could not find another thread dedicated for OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID generally and not only the graphic portion.

I have a BCM4352 and I don't know which variant it is. But I do know its vendor (14E4), device (43B1), sub_ven (106B), sub_dev (062E). I wanted to use FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext to enable it instead of manually patching the kexts which worked fine but without 5GHz.

Do I still need to patch the 4360 binary to enable 5GHz? if relevant, my SMBIOS is MBP 11,1.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back