Contribute
Register

Ask Rehabman Questions on OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day,

I was able to read the FAQ but I'm afraid I don't have access to an OSX bootable media. I also don't have the internet connection speed to download the Mavericks Distro yet. Is there any workaround on using the fake pci id on OSX Mavericks? Using kext wizard or something? I've read of the instant fix from Multibeast of the intel 9 series hd 4600 graphics but I can't seem to finish. It says installation failed.

Thanks for the quick reply

updated my sig

Good day,

I was able to read the FAQ but I'm afraid I don't have access to an OSX bootable media. I also don't have the internet connection speed to download the Mavericks Distro yet. Is there any workaround on using the fake pci id on OSX Mavericks? Using kext wizard or something? I've read of the instant fix from Multibeast of the intel 9 series hd 4600 graphics but I can't seem to finish. It says installation failed.

Thanks for the quick reply

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Rehabman, hello

Here is a situation that Ilike your help with:

1) I rebranded an Atheros AR9285 (168C:002b/ 1089:1A3B)to an Intel Centerio N6205 (8086:0085/8086:1311) to pass bios Lenov's check ,
2) Now I need to use FakePCIID to get it recognized as Atheros card and get wrking.

I looked at your various FakePCIID nu cannot seem to find the right model. Could you please give me some help...?
Thanks

Last edited:
Rehabman, hello

Here is a situation that Ilike your help with:

1) I rebranded an Atheros AR9285 (168C:002b/ 1089:1A3B)to an Intel Centerio N6205 (8086:0085/8086:1311) to pass bios Lenov's check ,
2) Now I need to use FakePCIID to get it recognized as Atheros card and get wrking.

I looked at your various FakePCIID nu cannot seem to find the right model. Could you please give me some help...?
Thanks
Just reading more of the Rebranding forum, got my answer, thanks

Sorry I'm noob, How do I get kext files out of this? i need to get the pciid, broadcom wifi, and bluetooth kexts but cannot figure out how to inject or whatever. NOOBVILLE

I recently got a BCM94360CD wi-fi / bluetooth kit as I heard this chipset was natively compatible in OSX (I’m using 10.11.5).

The exact kit I got is a FV-T919 like this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...A-B-G-N-AC-BCM94360CD/106046_32778371977.html

I’ve installed this on my GA-Z170MX-Gaming-5 Skylake build. I’ve read on various forums that this card works perfectly when installed in a PCIEX1 slot, but mine is covered by my video card, so I’ve installed it in the PCIEX8 slot. The wifi is NOT found.

I was wondering if this was an issue I could fix somehow by making some changes to FakePCIID? If so, how would I do this?

I recently got a BCM94360CD wi-fi / bluetooth kit as I heard this chipset was natively compatible in OSX (I’m using 10.11.5).

The exact kit I got is a FV-T919 like this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...A-B-G-N-AC-BCM94360CD/106046_32778371977.html

I’ve installed this on my GA-Z170MX-Gaming-5 Skylake build. I’ve read on various forums that this card works perfectly when installed in a PCIEX1 slot, but mine is covered by my video card, so I’ve installed it in the PCIEX8 slot. The wifi is NOT found.

I was wondering if this was an issue I could fix somehow by making some changes to FakePCIID? If so, how would I do this?

You should check that it is on the PCIe bus with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal, DPCIManager->PCI List in macOS/OS X, or Windows Device Manager.
FakePCIID is only used in your case to enable Airport branding (and no changes are needed, assuming the device-ids of your device are correct).
It won't help you get the device to appear on the PCIe bus if it is not present (that is a hardware/installation problem).
Note that if you have a patched DSDT (in ACPI/patched), adding/changing hardware can invalidate it.

Hi, during the process of installing macOS Sierra, 10.12.3, I tried numerous Wi-Fi cards mentioned on this tonymac site, until I discovered one that worked, 4353 Broadcom® BCM43224. Then, I upgraded to 10.12.4 and, predictably, the card no longer works. Any fixes for this card, which worked flawlessly on Sierra 10.12.3 and now on 10.12.4 doesn't work at all.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Butch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back