Contribute
Register

Artifacts after wake since High Sierra upgrade - HD 520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again, I have now removed all PNLF references from my DSDT.aml, but the issue persists unfortunately. Any other ideas?

I'm sorry. The files are attached now.

Attachments

• Reporting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks again. I changed HECI to IMEI in my DSDT, but the problem remains :(

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Reporting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Thanks again. I changed HECI to IMEI in my DSDT, but the problem remains :(

Problem reporting files attached.

Do you have CSM/legacy boot enabled in BIOS?

Also....
Try setting DVMT-prealloc to 64mb instead of using the 32mb DVMT patch.
Or try using the minStolenSize patch instead of the 32mb DVMT patch (that is likely to have its own problem, but it might help isolate this problem if it is a DVMT problem).
Try other ig-platform-id values.
Try latest Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Thanks again!

I have legacy boot disabled in my bios. There is no option for CSM.
How do I set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb? From what I can gather from Google I need to do this in the BIOS, but there is no option for it.

I tried the minstolensize patch, same glitch still happens (problem reporting files attached).

What other ig-platform-id values can I try? I've tried all the values that Clover Configurator has preset for Skylake mobile. I guess plugging in random values wouldn't be helpful.

I have installed the latest Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Attachments

• Reporting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks again!

I have legacy boot disabled in my bios. There is no option for CSM.

Try enabling legacy boot.

How do I set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb? From what I can gather from Google I need to do this in the BIOS, but there is no option for it.

Read FAQ.

I tried the minstolensize patch, same glitch still happens (problem reporting files attached).

I don't know why you added the minStolenSize patches for Broadwell and KabyLake.
Your laptop is Skylake, right?
And I have no idea why you added the minStolenSize patches that are for versions that you're not running.
Just makes it confusing to look at...

What other ig-platform-id values can I try?

You could try all that are present in the kext.

I've tried the steps above but they either didn't help or (like with DVMT-prealloc) I didn't manage. Thanks a lot for your effort but for now I'm giving up and reverting to Sierra, which works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back