Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy 15-as000nd
CPU
i5 6200u
Graphics
HD 520, 1920x1080
I just upgraded to High Sierra by running the installer from Sierra.
Everything still seems to work the same except for the following. After waking the laptop from sleep the screen is filled with artifacts and unusable (see picture).

I don't know where to start with this problem, as everything should be working fine.

9156ad170a14664d.jpg

Attachments

• Reporting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
I just upgraded to High Sierra by running the installer from Sierra.
Everything still seems to work the same except for the following. After waking the laptop from sleep the screen is filled with artifacts and unusable (see picture).

I don't know where to start with this problem, as everything should be working fine.

View attachment 285698

Try different ig-platform-id. Perhaps 0x191b0000.

I've tried, but unfortunately it didn't work. I also tried all the other ig-platform-id's suggested by Clover Configurator for Skylake Mobile. They either produce the same artifacts or the screen doesn't wake at all.

Any other idea?

That's weird. It works correctly. I'll try to fix it though and report back.

With working correctly I meant the fact that the backlight is on and I can change the brightness. I'm going to put the fix in now as described in the linked topic.

With working correctly I meant the fact that the backlight is on and I can change the brightness. I'm going to put the fix in now as described in the linked topic.

You currently do not have full range (due to lack of profile in AppleBacklight.kext, provided by AppleBacklightInjector.kext).
And brightness levels likely differ between pre-sleep/post-sleep (due to lack of correct PWM init, provided by SSDT-PNLF.aml).

I've now implemented backlight according to the guide (and changing the GFX to IGPU in the process). However, unfortunately the artefacts still happen after wake. New problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• Reporting files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
I've now implemented backlight according to the guide (and changing the GFX to IGPU in the process). However, unfortunately the artefacts still happen after wake. New problem reporting files attached.

Backlight control is not implemented correctly.
As per guide, there must be no other "PNLF" (aka. "Backlight Fix" patches) in any DSDT/SSDT.
You have PNLF in DSDT.aml that lacks the correct code.
Remove the patch and use only SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Read the guide carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back