Contribute
Register

Artifacting with 660Ti any work arounds on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Gigabyte Rx 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This past weekend I finally upgraded to High Sierra. The update went smoothly besides the fact I forget that it converts to afps by default and didn't install the driver before I upgraded. I got booted back in totally fine. However the only issue I seem to have right now is that I have really bad artifacting. Has anyone found a way to prevent artifacting with a Nvidia 660ti? I posted on ****** and someone said that the 660ti is no longer supported, is this true? If that is true does anyone have any patches to make it so the 660ti still works? In my PC's current state MacOS is unusable the artifacting gets that bad. :/

Nope, I don't think you missed anything. Some people are able to get some 660s to work, however, most can't.
Alrighty. That’s rather unfortunate. I went ahead and purchase an AMD R9 280 yesterday and that’s been working just fine for me.

I got mine with few artifacts and pc crash when playing games and i permanently fixed it:
I put flux on each memory chip and on the graphic processor, then i used a hot air gun at 180°C holding it about 2 cm above memory chips (one by one) for about 1 minute and half (90 seconds) then i set temperature to 240 and put the gun on the graphic chip about 2 cm moving it all over the surface for 2 minutes.
I let cool and clean the rest of flux, put it back to the pc and it worked.
I then used Unigine_Heaven-2.5 and Unigine_Valley-1.0 programs to stress the graphic card for testing, it went to 75 °C at 100% of its power and ran just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back