Contribute
Register

Are you using a Mac-based keyboard? Wonder if I should buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Maybe it's just me, but when I'm on my Hackintosh using my PC keyboard, I almost always forget to press the Windows Key, instead of the CTRL key, when I want to copy and paste. I know I'm on a Mac, but my fingers think I'm on a PC.

When I'm on my MacBook Pro, because the keyboard is physically different than a standard PC keyboard, I'll remember to use the Apple/CMD key, without thinking about it.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but I think if I had a Mac keyboard hooked up to the Hackintosh, I wouldn't forget as much, plus those Mac keyboards are pretty nice.

Do most of you use PC keyboards?

Apple Aluminum Wireless keyboard- best keyboard I've ever used! Highly recommended.

Attachments

• apple-wireless-keyboard-aluminum.jpg
    apple-wireless-keyboard-aluminum.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 3,436
flyingturtle said:
Maybe it's just me, but when I'm on my Hackintosh using my PC keyboard, I almost always forget to press the Windows Key, instead of the CTRL key, when I want to copy and paste. I know I'm on a Mac, but my fingers think I'm on a PC.

When I'm on my MacBook Pro, because the keyboard is physically different than a standard PC keyboard, I'll remember to use the Apple/CMD key, without thinking about it.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but I think if I had a Mac keyboard hooked up to the Hackintosh, I wouldn't forget as much, plus those Mac keyboards are pretty nice.

Do most of you use PC keyboards?

You are not alone! I long for a Mac keyboard/mouse combo. I have a microsoft wireless keyboard currently with a lot of buttons that don't do the right thing or don't work at all. Like you, I am consistently forgetting that I need to use the Windows key to make most of this stuff work.

I just wish the nice wireless ones weren't quite so expensive...I got kids! I'm currently scouring Craigslist for a nice used one.

Nice pic Tony. I love the feel of those keyboards.

And yeah, aren't those wireless ones are expensive. Unless I go HTPC for a Hackintosh build, I don't think I need one, but would be nice.

Good idea about Craigslist, maybe I'll look for a wired one there.

I use this one from an old PowerMac G3 (and a MM Wireless):
appleusbkey.jpg

Works great, and not so much expensive if bought used.

I run a Logitech backlit keyboard for windows. Some of those keys (like the windows key) annoy me, but I like that it's backlit.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back