Contribute
Register

Are these parts compatible for a budget hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I need os Apple OS X 10.7 Lion and dual boot windows 10....
REQUIRED suggestions for better pc parts

You want to run Lion? That was released in 2011, and you will need hardware from around that time to run it. Such hardware is no longer available new, only second hand. Are you sure that is what you want?

For example, I believe my Backup Build should be able to run Lion (although I never tried to run Lion on a PC myself as I consider Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion to be much better).

You want to run Lion? That was released in 2011, and you will need hardware from around that time to run it. Such hardware is no longer available new, only second hand. Are you sure that is what you want?

For example, I believe my Backup Build should be able to run Lion (although I never tried to run Lion on a PC myself as I consider Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion to be much better).
But as per the apple site: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
i think it is supportive

But as per the apple site: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
i think it is supportive

Do you seriously believe a Mac operating system released in 2011 can support hardware released in 2015/2016, as in your case? This is not Windows 7 we are talking about. Windows 7 does support your build even though it was released in 2009, due to third party driver support.

When Lion was released, these hardware don't even exist, and there was no third party driver support for MacOS. So Lion would not even know how to work with these hardware.

The oldest OS you can run on this build directly is El Capitan, as it was the current MacOS when Apple released Macs based on Skylake hardware, the same family as your CPU and motherboard.

Do you seriously believe a Mac operating system released in 2011 can support hardware released in 2015/2016, as in your case? This is not Windows 7 we are talking about. Windows 7 does support your build even though it was released in 2009, due to third party driver support.

When Lion was released, these hardware don't even exist, and there was no third party driver support for MacOS. So Lion would not even know how to work with these hardware.

The oldest OS you can run on this build directly is El Capitan, as it was the current MacOS when Apple released Macs based on Skylake hardware, the same family as your CPU and motherboard.
okey.and thanks for the information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back