Contribute
Register

Are these DSDT's and SSDT's correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i ask, from what you see, is the USB misconfiguration (even without the USB related DSDTs and SSDTs) responsible for the BIOS screen locks and malfunctioning ports when rebooting from OSX?

No idea. You never provided any such "Problem Reporting" files.

No idea. You never provided any such "Problem Reporting" files.
Oh. I attached a 2nd zip a couple posts back that I thought contained everything asked for in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Under
Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?

The Ioreg file
The 2 terminal outputs
The generated output from patchmatic (Downloads\Rehabman)
EFI\Clover without the themes

Are additional files needed? Did the zip not show up?

Yes, but that had a bunch of USB stuff done incorrectly...
You asked about "... without the USB related DSDTs and SSDTs...", but you never provided any such files with that configuration.

You should really start over with a clean USB setup, then follow my guide...

I started clean. I removed all USB related DSDT's, SSDT's and disabled all config.plist USB related patches except for the increase port limit. I need that to boot because OSX is installed on a USB drive. I also deleted origin. Made sure XHCI was ENABLED ( I have no auto ). And regenerated that. I also added FakePCIID_XHCIMux

Note: The same problems happened when it was installed on internal SATA.
Also, it does not happen all the time. Sometimes I can get away with a reboot but never more than 2. And 2 reboots without those problems are rare.

Reading guide now.
Here are those files with only increase port limit, XCHI enabled, and a freshly generated "origin".

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Attachments

• RM.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
I started clean. I removed all USB related DSDT's, SSDT's and disabled all config.plist USB related patches except for the increase port limit. I need that to boot because OSX is installed on a USB drive. I also deleted origin. Made sure XHCI was ENABLED ( I have no auto ). And regenerated that. I also added FakePCIID_XHCIMux

Note: The same problems happened when it was installed on internal SATA.
Also, it does not happen all the time. Sometimes I can get away with a reboot but never more than 2. And 2 reboots without those problems are rare.

Reading guide now.
Here are those files with only increase port limit, XCHI enabled, and a freshly generated "origin".

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application to the hardware in your profile/signature
(there is no EHCI controllers on 200-series chipset).

XHCI appears to be working just fine (because of XHCI-200-series-injector.kext). You just need to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext to get under the 15-port limit, then remove the port limit patch.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application to the hardware in your profile/signature
(there is no EHCI controllers on 200-series chipset).

XHCI appears to be working just fine (because of XHCI-200-series-injector.kext). You just need to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext to get under the 15-port limit, then remove the port limit patch.

Cool. Thanks. But would the way it currently is cause the system to lock at the BIOS splash screen on reboot (OSX Only) ? And on reboot (OSX Only) cause USB ports malfunction where Windows and the BIOS does not see devices connected to them?

Cool. Thanks. But would the way it currently is cause the system to lock at the BIOS splash screen on reboot (OSX Only) ? And on reboot (OSX Only) cause USB ports malfunction where Windows and the BIOS does not see devices connected to them?

The port limit patch may have bad side effects. But as long as you can boot and make it through the port discovery process, then that's all it is needed for.

But your ioreg shows plenty of other mistakes:
- CPU PM not implemented
- HECI should be named IMEI
- SATA not in AHCI mode
- kexts not installed correctly
- ACPI setup is not correct (_OSI->XOSI patch not valid without SSDT-XOSI.aml)
(and I could probably find more if I kept looking...)

The port limit patch may have bad side effects. But as long as you can boot and make it through the port discovery process, then that's all it is needed for.

But your ioreg shows plenty of other mistakes:
- CPU PM not implemented
- HECI should be named IMEI
- SATA not in AHCI mode
- kexts not installed correctly
- ACPI setup is not correct (_OSI->XOSI patch not valid without SSDT-XOSI.aml)
(and I could probably find more if I kept looking...)

Yes SATA is in RAID. Before you say anything, these same problems occurred when the controller was in ACHI mode, and OSX was installed on it's own internal drive. I gave up for a day and went back to Win10 and set up RAID 0. But I couldn't stay away.

How should the kexts be installed? I was told never to put anything in to S/L/E or L/E. And that everything should load from Clover.

- ACPI setup is not correct< I will put back the _OSI patch and add XOSI.aml.

- CPU PM not implemented< Yes, I didn't bother putting in the SSDT for that yet. I was trying to fix the reboot issues.

- HECI should be named IMEI< gonna have to google that.

Thanks again. Going to try to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext to get under the 15-port limit.

-(and I could probably find more if I kept looking...) Ugh :)

Thanks again.

Read post #2 of my Clover laptop guide... it should dispel the myths you've been reading...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Wow!
Okay

ACPI - So far I have added the _OSI patch and compiled XOSI.dsl into .aml and dropped it in patched.

CPUPM - Ran ssdPRGEN and changed my CPU type to 0x0905 rebooted then ran it again and dropped the output(ed) ssdt into patched.

HECI should be named IMEI - I added this clover patch ( Does it also need and SSDT like the other one? )

<key>Comment</key>
<string>change HECI to IMEI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SEVDSQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SU1FSQ==
</data>

Still looking into the SSDT for the port limit.

I was wondering though, why does my IOREG have so many errors? I never messed with it and just did a vanilla install. Does using Uni/Multi Beast correct all that?

Thanks again.

EDIT:
Well, now sleep works excellent. Man, I am almost there. I can taste it. And, if the board is bad, I will get a different one. Do you have a 270 board RM? If so which one did you get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back