i7-8550U
Graphics
GTX MX150 / HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am having strange problems when rebooting from OSX. Issues related to USB ports not working after reboot and BIOS locking at the splash screen.

I've attached some files that include the origin, and the edits.

Do these look right?

Thanks

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the reply. This is a Desktop though and Sierra. Should I still report/post it there?

Last edited:
I am sorry RM, is it that I am posting in the wrong place or not providing enough information. Will make a profile with hardware, Clover version etc etc.

Need "Problem Reporting" files. Nothing attached.

Need "Problem Reporting" files. Nothing attached.

Thanks. Here are all those things.

Not sure if you need more details on the problem.

I guess I should add, the problem happens with or without the current DSDTs and SSDT's I am using and with XCHI enabled or disabled.

It also happens on Sierra 10.12.2 , .4, and .5 beta 3

Currently using 10.12.3

Attachments

• Tonymac.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks. Here are all those things.

Not sure if you need more details on the problem.

I guess I should add, the problem happens with or without the current DSDTs and SSDT's I am using and with XCHI enabled or disabled.

It also happens on Sierra 10.12.2 , .4, and .5 beta 3

Currently using 10.12.3

Not much patches to DSDT here... Not sure even why you have patched/DSDT.aml...
Your USB setup is not correct at all.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Not much patches to DSDT here... Not sure even why you have patched/DSDT.aml...
Your USB setup is not correct at all.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Using a DSDT.aml and the SSDTs related to USB was suggested by someone else. I will remove them. But yeah, the problems existed before using them.

Should I also remove the USB patches in the config.plist?

I also tried different USB config.plist patches in various combinations but it resulted in the same problem.

I have looked at that page you linked many times and used some of the patching information found there. But some (most) of it I do not understand.

Could you suggest something for me to try that is a little more spoon fed something like; "download this put this there, add this patch to your plist and reboot?"

Thanks again.

Could you suggest something for me to try that is a little more spoon fed something like; "download this put this there, add this patch to your plist and reboot?"

You should instead try to understand the issues completely before attempting fixes.

You should instead try to understand the issues completely before attempting fixes.

I agree with you completely. Unfortunately, I am not at that point yet. What I gather so far is that sometimes the controllers are labeled incorrectly and OSX is "routing" them incorrectly?

Can i ask, from what you see, is the USB misconfiguration (even without the USB related DSDTs and SSDTs) responsible for the BIOS screen locks and malfunctioning ports when rebooting from OSX?

Is it possible the board is messed up?

A friend who has the same board sent me his EFI for reference. He did not have any SSDTs or DSDTs. His board does not have the BIOS locks or malfunctioning ports on reboot. But none of his USB 3.0 internal headers work. Mine do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back