Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi There,
after several years without MacOS, I am pretty unfamiliar with Mac and Hackintosh - just tried the last 3 days - and got some 10.12.3 working - with internet only via USB-WiFi dongle (but speed is OK after changing USB port).

The system recommends 4 Updates, including macOS Sierra Update to 10.12.6 - I hardly remember some major difficulties after "Updating" almost a decade ago from 10.6/ to 7 or 8 or to 10.9 or similar - so, how can I avoid risks of messing up when updating just within the 10.12 system? Or does one need to run MultiBeast or something after installing the update? I don't remember.

I think it will give me some confidence to mover a bit further, perhaps to 10.13 and 10.14 (keeping my 500 GB HDD and HFS+) - not a working machine.

Sorry, I haven't been on hackintosh since 5-10 years - and wasn't good. So can anyone confirm that updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.6 via online Apple recommendations will overwrite all kexts? So I may need to install them, e.g. with Multibeast? Or, is this only from major upgrades, like 10.12 to 10.13 ??? I know this should be easy, but I currently see (again) the network not working...

Sorry, I haven't been on hackintosh since 5-10 years - and wasn't good. So can anyone confirm that updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.6 via online Apple recommendations will overwrite all kexts? So I may need to install them, e.g. with Multibeast? Or, is this only from major upgrades, like 10.12 to 10.13 ??? I know this should be easy, but I currently see (again) the network not working...

Generally Apple added more security fixes and additional hardware support as the point upgrades progressed. For example 10.12.6 introduced support for the RX560 graphics chip via the Radeon Pro 560 (if I recall correctly) so if you wished to upgrade to an RX series GPU then you would need to upgrade to 10.12.6.

From the problem you state with the network, do you mean via ethernet? If so just check if a more recent version of your kext is available.

Do you need to upgrade to 10.12.6 for some reason? Or is 10.12.3 working fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back