Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all. So first time Hackintosh user here. Just finished setting up my rig in a triple boot system across two drives.

Windows 7 on a 120GB SSD

OS X Mavericks on a 1tb HDD Partition of about 200GBS.

Arch Linux Partitions:

- 200 GB /
- 5GB Swap (not really needed with 8GB ram...but meh)
- 120 MB /boot (Just used some free space I had laying around, I know thats insanely huge for /boot)
- Rest of free space will later be used for some extra storage space for Win7 to use since 120 GB is tiny.

Now, to the issue.

Chameleon not recognizing Arch. I've been google-fu'ing for hours. I've RTFM, and I've browsed the forums. I'm obviously missing something

During my Arch install when it comes time to install grub, I've installed it to the / partition of Arch. For example if my partition layout goes:

/sdb1 = Mac
/sdb2 = /boot
/sdb3 = /
/sdb4 = swap
/sdb5 = Future storage space...

I installed grub to /sdb3 (using --force, wouldn't let it happen without it.)

finish arch install (install is fine, I can chroot into the install no problem from within the arch live USB) and reboot....No Arch. Windows and mac boot up fine, but no Arch.

1TB drive that Mac/Arch are on is GPT not MBR.

any tips? I'm pulling my hair out here.

Hi all. So first time Hackintosh user here. Just finished setting up my rig in a triple boot system across two drives.

Windows 7 on a 120GB SSD

OS X Mavericks on a 1tb HDD Partition of about 200GBS.

Arch Linux Partitions:

- 200 GB /
- 5GB Swap (not really needed with 8GB ram...but meh)
- 120 MB /boot (Just used some free space I had laying around, I know thats insanely huge for /boot)
- Rest of free space will later be used for some extra storage space for Win7 to use since 120 GB is tiny.

Now, to the issue.

Chameleon not recognizing Arch. I've been google-fu'ing for hours. I've RTFM, and I've browsed the forums. I'm obviously missing something

During my Arch install when it comes time to install grub, I've installed it to the / partition of Arch. For example if my partition layout goes:

/sdb1 = Mac
/sdb2 = /boot
/sdb3 = /
/sdb4 = swap
/sdb5 = Future storage space...

I installed grub to /sdb3 (using --force, wouldn't let it happen without it.)

finish arch install (install is fine, I can chroot into the install no problem from within the arch live USB) and reboot....No Arch. Windows and mac boot up fine, but no Arch.

1TB drive that Mac/Arch are on is GPT not MBR.

any tips? I'm pulling my hair out here.
Did you remember to sync the partitions with gptsync after installation? This is usually the cause of grub2 not showing up in the Chimera menu on shared drives. It does't matter on separate drives, which is why it is often forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back