Contribute
Register

AR9280 ATHR: Unknown locale: xx - EEPROM Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rehabman,

I will test your suggestion, but I think the problem more serious than this. I attach my DMESG, I see something wrong with IO80211Controller......and performCountryCodeOperation: Not connected, scan in progress 0 en2: channel changed to 1.

If you are so kind to have a look to my file may be you understand what is failing so I see also:

AirPort: Link Down on en2. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).

Regards.

No expectation of working WiFi unless you're certain the device radio is on.

You're welcome :thumbup:
Hi Philip!
Can you please tell me does it work for AR9830? I have TL-WDN4800. Installed everything properly. I can change the Region but can not set. Set button is disabled? Any idea? Please....

Hi Philip!
Can you please tell me does it work for AR9830? I have TL-WDN4800. Installed everything properly. I can change the Region but can not set. Set button is disabled? Any idea? Please....

I assume you mean AR9380, not AR9830.

And... I think it might work, with the Linux guide... but the mods to iwleeprom will probably be different.

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 2.40.54 pm.png
anyone please share these kext;i am confused to find right kext for my wireless adapter Atheros 9285.i am using mavericks.
The kexts are:-
vanilla IO80211Family.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext and Apple vanilla Bluetooth kext

i am able to change the locale succesfully.But in system info-->wifi -->status--it shows unsupported and doesnot scan any network but show icon in finder bar.

Sorry i am a noob.Any suggestion appreciable.Thanks.

View attachment 150742
anyone please share these kext;i am confused to find right kext for my wireless adapter Atheros 9285.i am using mavericks.
The kexts are:-
vanilla IO80211Family.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext and Apple vanilla Bluetooth kext

i am able to change the locale succesfully.But in system info-->wifi -->status--it shows unsupported and doesnot scan any network but show icon in finder bar.

Sorry i am a noob.Any suggestion appreciable.Thanks.

Make sure the device is on. Some laptops have dedicated keys/buttons for this.

Untitled.png
I don't understand why it shows 2 cards in commview for wifi;though i have the dell 1702 wifi driver.

after replacing stock card with this hackintosh one the key combination not works either in mac/windows .

In windows the wifi automatically switches on after os loads and no provision for off also.
In mac the wifi indicator remain off.Any way to solve this issue.

View attachment 150748
I don't understand why it shows 2 cards in commview for wifi;though i have the dell 1702 wifi driver.

after replacing stock card with this hackintosh one the key combination not works either in mac/windows .

In windows the wifi automatically switches on after os loads and no provision for off also.
In mac the wifi indicator remain off.Any way to solve this issue.

I never use Windows for rebranding. Always Linux...

Hello i provided partial system log which relates to atheros.can u please verify and report me where actually problem is.

Thanks.

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 224
hi RehabMan,

I have followed linux guide to change locale. In my hackintosh, country code is set to US but locale is unknown. And result of that my wifi log is flooded with "Unknown Locale : 60" warnings.

After performing linux guide, my Reg. Domain remains 60. There is no change. How can I set locale to remove warnings. Please Help:banghead:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.13.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 2.13.20 PM.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 330
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back