Contribute
Register

AR9280 ATHR: Unknown locale: xx - EEPROM Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning

Flashing the EEPROM is relatively easy, but don't start when you don't know what you are doing! This can basically wreck a working WiFi card. Please think twice before you do this. You are warned!

Backup EEPROM

1. Open attached atheros_eeprom_tool.exe
2. Click Open. Select the location for the backup file.
3. Name it eeprom. Click Open then Read.
4. Close the application.

Note: I didn't use the "write" option. I prefer RCU.

Change RegDomain

1. Download and install "ComView for WiFi" trial. The first time you launch the software you will be asked to install a driver. Do it!
2. Use attached tool RCU.exe to change RegDomain. Select first entry: [DEBUG] [DB] [NO_ENUMRD]. It sets RegDomain to 0x0 (NO_ENUMRD). Click Set.

NOTE: When you close the application, you will be welcomed by a blue screen of death. Don't panic. Reboot.

Before & After

View attachment 54703

I do not live in France, but at least the country is set. Open Console. No more athr warning flood!

So, in short: instead of selecting this domain, it's better to be selected the country you are located in (there is a long list with the countries, when you start RCU.exe).

I have downloaded RCU.EXE and tried to run it but I cam across with this error:

Attachments

• Error RCU.PNG
    Error RCU.PNG
    67.2 KB · Views: 800
Hi nguyenmac,
thanks for your input, the previous error occurred because I did not install commview first. that error is way gone now.

Now I see another error: upon unraring the atheros_eeprom_exe and choosing the atheros eeprom tool:
Step1.PNG

The following error poped up:

Step 2.PNG

followed by:

Step 3.PNG

and eventually the appropriate windows appears yet the the read option is grayed out (disabled):

Step 4.PNG

HELP!!!!!!

HELP!!!!! Anybody??????

hi I am also having this problem when I run RCU.EXE:

rcu error.PNG

IT IS NOT SHOWING CURRENT REGDOMAIN AND I WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SET NEW VALUES TO REG DOMAIN as: "0x37 (ETSI1_WORLD)" ie choosing UK. THE SET BUTTON IS GRAYED OUT (DISABLED)!!!!

I am also seeing error in the channel info box:

Application started
Connect to the driver
Unable to connect to the driver
*** Error Code: 0, The operation completed successfully.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Reboot the computer. Press 'F8' during restart. Select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement from the boot menu.

OK I will try Now, BRB

Reboot the computer. Press 'F8' during restart. Select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement from the boot menu.

nguyenmac, Good Man!!!
I followed your step, magically the read section of the Eeprom became active so managed to dump the old eeprom:

Eeprom image dumped.PNG

I am still not able to change the local to UK, the problem is on as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back