Nvidia GT 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I Have a TP Link TL-WN751ND PCI Wireless Card (AR9227) and there is a kext on osx86.net for it, but whenever i use the card within OSX it freezes up OSX completly. I Have checked that in the info.plist the device ID (168,2D) is in there. Please help me out :) (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)

Have you solved it? I have the same wifi card

Hi,
I Have a TP Link TL-WN751ND PCI Wireless Card (AR9227) and there is a kext on osx86.net for it, but whenever i use the card within OSX it freezes up OSX completly. I Have checked that in the info.plist the device ID (168,2D) is in there. Please help me out :) (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)

I'm sorry, I don't believe this card is supported. I have compiled a list of Atheros chipsets that are compatible with OS X

Please see this attachment:
View attachment Atheros WiFi Chipsets.zip

Hi,
I Have checked that in the info.plist the device ID (168,2D) is in there.
Try 2d in the AirPortAtheros40.kext. The AirPortAtheros21 kext is obsolete was removed in 10.8.3. If it doesn't work, it is not supported.

@ Craigrox, the AR93080 (30) is native to the imac11.x; note as green in your table.

WN751ND works with 10.7.5 only :rolleyes:

works fine with 10.8.4

just add vendor id and product id to AirPortAtheros40.kext, rebuild caches and reboot.

I'm a complete noob to macs, but have gotten everything running in one night EXCEPT for this god forsaken wireless card.

I've checked the plist in AirportAtheros40 and verified that both IDs are present, but the card still locks up the system after about a minute. Do you have this card? what exact configuration are you using?

Thanks!

Lol, just my luck, just went and paid for a Mini PCI-E to PCI-E 1X adapter and my wifi card gets support in the next OS X update *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back