Contribute
Register

AR8161 LAN on new MoBo revisions (ga-z77-ds3h and ga-h77-ds3h, others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me it made no difference. All of my networks showed up as "failed", Systemprofiler doesn't recognize any hardware under ethernet and network, and Airport is my only option to setup internet under "Assist"...

I've installed all 4 of the Multibeast drivers (one by one of course) and tried the insanelymac link before any of them.

Am I missing something? Or maybe I should try a stupid-proof method

For me it made no difference. All of my networks showed up as "failed", Systemprofiler doesn't recognize any hardware under ethernet and network, and Airport is my only option to setup internet under "Assist"...

I've installed all 4 of the Multibeast drivers (one by one of course) and tried the insanelymac link before any of them.

Am I missing something? Or maybe I should try a stupid-proof method

I did not try any of the Multibeast's ethernet options. I just added the kext from the link and cleared cache, reboot. Maybe you can start all over from scratch?

This experimental LAN driver worked for me: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...heros-ar813132515261627172-driver-for-107108/

I'm on a GA-Z77-DS3H v 1.1.

It didn't seem to work at first, but after I rebooted a bunch of times, shut down, plugged in my 2nd stick of Corsair Vengeance RAM and GT 640 video card, and rebooted, it worked. :thumbup:

Mac App Store works. iCloud works. Everything seems to be working, except for some funkiness with the USB ports. They might be working, but further investigation is needed.

For everyone else struggling with this mobo, this thread worked for me when many others did not: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...s-gigabyte-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3750k-gt-640-a.html

Hi Tony:

Looks like the same caveat also applies to the UD5H board. I have just assembled all the compatible components for my first build only to discover I have a rev1.1 of the UD5H motherboard. Any advice on whether to hold off on this build for a bit? –do you have any idea of a timeframe for this issue be fully resolved? Thanks.

Hi Tony:

Looks like the same caveat also applies to the UD5H board. I have just assembled all the compatible components for my first build only to discover I have a rev1.1 of the UD5H motherboard. Any advice on whether to hold off on this build for a bit? –do you have any idea of a timeframe for this issue be fully resolved? Thanks.

This might work for you. I'm here to conclude that it did indeed work for me!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/7...7-z77-ds3h-rev1-1-not-onboard.html#post496343

I finally have network operating flawlessly!
GA-Z77-DS3H rev1.1 with Bios version F8

Confirming that the latest version has indeed worked for me! I am currently on my "Mac Pro" informing you all of this fantastic news.

Sorry, I'm very happy!

Thank you everyone who has contributed to getting this working..

I'm having an issue with USB 2.0 devices on the USB 3.0 ports. For instance, when I hook up a USB 2.0 hard drive to any of the USB 3.0 ports, the drive won't mount. It will ONLY work on the 3.0 ports. But the USB 2.0 devices work fine on the USB 2.0 ports. I use a Sandy Bridge i5 2400, maybe this is the cause? This goes for the ports on the back plate as well as the ones on my case via the motherboard header.
Does anyone else have this problem? Try plugging in a USB 2.0 drive in the blue USB 3.0 ports and let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

Looking at getting a GA-Z77-DS3H from my local Micro Center and I'm guessing they will only have rev 1.1. If I don't want to use an experimental kext, will an Intel PCIe gigabit NIC work for iTunes and the App Store? If needed, I can post the exact model when I get home but I believe it is just a Gigabit CT Desktop NIC.

Hello. I just want to confirm that the kext from insanelymac is working for me.
1. installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 from UNIBEAST USB
2. Downloaded KextBeast.
3. Pasted the ALXEthernet.kext on my desktop
4. Used KextBeast to copy the kext to the right directory
5. Restarted. Everything is working perfect, AppStore, iCloud, iMesseges, all

Many thanks to tonymac community and to the insanelymac user who created this.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte H77 DS3H Rev 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back