Contribute
Register

AR8161 LAN on new MoBo revisions (ga-z77-ds3h and ga-h77-ds3h, others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While waiting for my ethernet card/wifi dongle to arrive, i tried out the kext in the link and it works!
App store/icloud works.
Gotten a few kernel panics before the system booted fine thou. :p

Can you elaborate on the KP's you got and how you got it resolved? I have the same board - just havent had time to assemble the whole thing yet. Thanks

Just tried the link from Gringo1985 (thank you btw) post on my new Z77-D3H rev 1.1 (new Atheros ethernet) and it seems to be working well. Been stable for an hour now. Here is link to article and kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...er-for-107108/

Thanks for the link. I tried the kext but and it seemed to work (no kernel panics) but I had a few problems. 1080pHD videos from YouTube will not stream continuously, usually stops playing after a few seconds, continues to load but won't play (flash is updated). I also had problems downloading apps from AppStore, gives me some error. I had a working wifi using wdn4800 prior to installing the kext. I guess I'll stay with wifi for the meantime, and hope there will be improvements to this kext soon.

GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1 Ethernet not compatible

I had an Apple USB-to-Ethernet cable in the desk and gave that a try; networking worked fine, but still couldn't access the App Store, Facetime, and Messages. I ended up buying an inexpensive PCIx Ethernet card with a Realtek chip, which fixed those problems.

Perry
KidPub Press

There is a new kext posted on 11/06. Has anyone tried it?

Latest:
20121106 ALXEthernet-1.0.1.zip 315.85K 35 downloads
MD5 (ALXEthernet-1.0.1.zip) = ed621f34f91e60b5422734401b6bdb6e

There is a new kext posted on 11/06. Has anyone tried it?

Latest:
20121106 ALXEthernet-1.0.1.zip 315.85K 35 downloads
MD5 (ALXEthernet-1.0.1.zip) = ed621f34f91e60b5422734401b6bdb6e

Yes. running this version now.

For the kernel panic, it is due to the VoodooHDA kext.
reboot a few times and the system started up fine.

Yes. running this version now.

For the kernel panic, it is due to the VoodooHDA kext.
reboot a few times and the system started up fine.

Somehow i cannot download the 1.0.1 version. The attachment downloaded is the same as the original 1.0.0

Somehow i cannot download the 1.0.1 version. The attachment downloaded is the same as the original 1.0.0

Hm, nm, just downloaded again and got the 1.0.1. Will add this kext when i assemble my parts soon.

the experiment patch for the ar8161 worked for me. Still i have not solve my white screen and not powering down the system in sleep mode. It just goes to a white screen. Anyone have any suggestions.
:problem:

the experiment patch for the ar8161 worked for me. Still i have not solve my white screen and not powering down the system in sleep mode. It just goes to a white screen. Anyone have any suggestions.
:problem:

What are all your specs? GPU? What did you install with MulitBeast? Did you put extra kexts? Did you use nullcpupowermanagement? Did you change something in your bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back