CPU
i5 4690
Graphics
ASUS GTX 660 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got an MSI GE60 2OD-247US and I swapped the unsupported WiFi/bluetooth combo card out for an AR5B195. When I boot with my DSDT, bluetooth works and WiFi is recognized but doesn't find any networks. If I boot without the DSDT, bluetooth doesn't work but WiFi works perfectly. I assume that means there's something wrong with the DSDT I'm using but I don't know how to fix it. I'll attach it, hopefully someone can help me fix this. I had an AirPort card in there before and that worked fine with or without the DSDT, but I don't have any way to screw it down because the laptop is meant to have a half size mPCIE card.

I guess I should mention that I didn't make that DSDT myself, I downloaded it. I tried making my own but that ended up being a nightmare.

Attachments

• MSI-DSDT.aml.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 85
I've got an MSI GE60 2OD-247US and I swapped the unsupported WiFi/bluetooth combo card out for an AR5B195. When I boot with my DSDT, bluetooth works and WiFi is recognized but doesn't find any networks. If I boot without the DSDT, bluetooth doesn't work but WiFi works perfectly. I assume that means there's something wrong with the DSDT I'm using but I don't know how to fix it. I'll attach it, hopefully someone can help me fix this. I had an AirPort card in there before and that worked fine with or without the DSDT, but I don't have any way to screw it down because the laptop is meant to have a half size mPCIE card.

I guess I should mention that I didn't make that DSDT myself, I downloaded it. I tried making my own but that ended up being a nightmare.

You should never use a DSDT that is not patched from your own... It is likely the patch for WiFi in this DSDT is misplaced (as far as what is required by your computer).

Bluetooth is generally on the USB bus, so a non-working BT indicates a USB problem.

Moved to Mavericks Laptop Support...

Bluetooth seems to be working consistently now with or without the DSDT. I've been comparing the values in IORegistryExplorer with and without the DSDT and modified the DSDT to get all that matching up but it still won't work with the DSDT loaded. I tried to extract my own DSDT but got all kinds of errors. Most of them were "Object does not exist" errors so I went through and deleted all those and ended up with just one error that was "syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting $end" and I couldn't figure out how to fix that one.

Bluetooth seems to be working consistently now with or without the DSDT. I've been comparing the values in IORegistryExplorer with and without the DSDT and modified the DSDT to get all that matching up but it still won't work with the DSDT loaded. I tried to extract my own DSDT but got all kinds of errors. Most of them were "Object does not exist" errors so I went through and deleted all those and ended up with just one error that was "syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting $end" and I couldn't figure out how to fix that one.

Errors from OEM DSDT tables are normal. Post the DSDT if you need help.

Here's the unmodified DSDT

Attachments

• System DSDT.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 88
Here's the unmodified DSDT

You will get a much better disassembly of your DSDT if you disassemble the DSDT with references to the SSDTs.

To do that:
- extract all DSDT and SSDTs

- disassemble using iasl in terminal
Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml

You will need a current build if iasl. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...00-hackintosh-able-post717200.html#post717200

Most of your DSDT disassembly errors are because the disassembler doesn't know how many arguments PCI0.GFX0.GLID has, and it is guessing (6) wrong.

I just tried that and went through the output file and commented out everything that was causing compile errors, but I've still got that syntax error and I'm not sure what to do to get rid of that. I've attached both the edited and unedited .dsl files

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 75
I just tried that and went through the output file and commented out everything that was causing compile errors, but I've still got that syntax error and I'm not sure what to do to get rid of that. I've attached both the edited and unedited .dsl files

Here is a fixed windsdt.dsl, attached (use ACPI 4.0):

Attachments

• windsdt_fixed.dsl.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 82
Problem solved. Thanks for your help, RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back