CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My issue is when I install the Aquantia 10gbe card, it will corrupt the output of the GPU. All I get is this.

Running 10.14.6 on the following hardware:
Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Radeon Vii

I should note that I am using a x8/x8 pcie bifurcation. I was using the Rx 580 and everything was working fine, and currently works as expected in windows.

Last edited:
Hey!

No help here from me but just chiming in to help boost this, I've got the same issue. I posted here as well but not support yet and I have not found a solution. Did you end up getting this working? I am also using a VII but on the z390 Designare motherboard.

I did end up making this work. Turns out the bios was defaulting to CSM=on / legacy. What fixed it for me was turning it off. I’m 70% sure the aquantia add in card/ SMD chip only supports UEFI.

I’d advise checking to see if CSM is on or set to legacy.

One last thing, your post wasn’t clear. Are you also getting the issue with an aquantia add in card?

Last edited:
Also one last thing. If you have a “new” Radeon vii, they shipped without UEFI support which triggers CSM to turn on. I’m not sure if that is the reason why my CSM got turned on.

I would also recommend checking gpu z in windows and see if you have the latest gpu bios installed.
Don’t quote me on this but I believe the latest version is 016.004.000.038.011717 . If you don’t think it’s up to date, try installing AMD software/ drivers in windows and see if that updates the bios.

Hahaha

I was about to come back to this thread and post a reply saying I’d fixed it and to let you know about the cms issue! Found one post on insanely Mac about these cards and one guy mentioned the cms support being turn back on when the card was plugged in. That’s what was doing it! All fixed and up and running. So much for the hours of playing around with kexttopatch!

thanks for replying to this! Really appreciate it, fixed my Vii uefi firmware boot while ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back