Contribute
Register

AppStore: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is a software update command but no option to log out that I could see:

Simons-iMac:~ simonvoigt$ sudo softwareupdate --help

usage: softwareupdate <cmd> [<args> ...]

** Manage Updates:

-l | --list List all appropriate update labels (options: --no-scan, --product-types)

-d | --download Download Only

-e | --cancel-download Cancel a download

-i | --install Install

<label> ... specific updates

-a | --all All appropriate updates

-R | --restart Automatically restart (or shut down) if required to complete installation.

-r | --recommended Only recommended updates

--fetch-full-installer Install the latest macOS Installer

--full-installer-version The version of macOS to install. Ex: --full-installer-version 10.15

--background Trigger a background scan and update operation

--ignore <label> ... Ignore specific updates

--reset-ignored Clear all ignored updates

** Other Tools:

--dump-state Log the internal state of the SU daemon to /var/log/install.log

--evaluate-products Evaluate a list of product keys specified by the --products option

--history Show the install history. By default, only displays updates installed by softwareupdate.

--all Include all processes in history (including App installs)

** Options:

--no-scan Do not scan when listing or installing updates (use available updates previously scanned)

--product-types <type> Limit a scan to a particular product type only - ignoring all others

Ex: --product-types macOS || --product-types macOS,Safari

--products A comma-separated (no spaces) list of product keys to operate on.

--force Force an operation to complete. Use with --background to trigger a background scan regardless of "Automatically check" pref

--verbose Enable verbose output

--help Print this help

I have tried the terminal commands. I also made sure of the UIID in the configplist. No luck. When trying to download the apps i get an endless spinning circle. Nothing downloads. Any one have any ideas?

I've tried all the suggestions in this post, except the ones that voigtstr (as I don't know what to do with all that).
Nothing works for me.
Unable to install any application from Apple Store. :(

I have the same problem. Tried logging in/out, tried the defaults write, tried everything else mentioned in this thread.

I can log in... app store runs and shows apps but when I try to download an app I own it spins for a long time and then eventually gives up.

in the console I get one suspecious looking error from the appstore.

AMSURLRequest: Failed to fetch GUID schemes from bag

Which seems suspicious but I can't find any solution...

The crazy thing is it used to work.... Actually when I first installed everything worked (handoff, imessage, app store). Within a month or so Imessage and facetime/continuity stopped working but I didn't care so much.

About 6 months later 8 months later I noticed I couldn't get app store downloads any more... Anyone have a suggestion?

Mojave 10.14.6

I have the same problem. Tried logging in/out, tried the defaults write, tried everything else mentioned in this thread.

I can log in... app store runs and shows apps but when I try to download an app I own it spins for a long time and then eventually gives up.

in the console I get one suspecious looking error from the appstore.

AMSURLRequest: Failed to fetch GUID schemes from bag

Which seems suspicious but I can't find any solution...

The crazy thing is it used to work.... Actually when I first installed everything worked (handoff, imessage, app store). Within a month or so Imessage and facetime/continuity stopped working but I didn't care so much.

About 6 months later 8 months later I noticed I couldn't get app store downloads any more... Anyone have a suggestion?

Mojave 10.14.6

Hey, I have the same problem, I can open the App Store, but when I try to download an app, it just spins forever.

Hackintoshs-iMac:~ hackintosh$ /Applications/App\ Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App\ Store ; exit;

2020-04-05 11:25:30.258 App Store[771:17374] Could not get real path for Address Book lock folder: open() for F_GETPATH failed.

2020-04-05 11:25:30.258 App Store[771:17374] Unable to open file lock: <ABProcessSharedLock: 0x7fe6f80b8030: name=(null), lockFilePath=(null), localLock=<NSRecursiveLock: 0x7fe6f80b7fc0>{recursion count = 0, name = nil}, fileDescriptor=-1> Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=14 "Bad address" UserInfo={ABFileDescriptor=-1}

Make sure to log out of the Appstore and close it before running this terminal command.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"
It works!! Thank you, very much!!

Hi all,

Non of this solution was working me to me now... I have restored my hack from CCC backup and it is impossible to make App store working. Just to clarity, I have logged out from iCloud and App Store as well, executing commands. Nothing...

I always see (even I am not logged) 3 updates pending. I have uninstalled these apps, and these are still there, again, after restart!

I have tried to repair permissions, delete com.apple.applestore files...

I strongly belive it is a permissions thing. I had problems yesterday with evernote app (I had to delete totally and download it again web internet). Maybe this permission issue is affecting App Store.

Anyone could recommend a deep permission repair or any solution for it?

Thanks

no luck for me but this worked
"
cd ~
rm Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.apple.storeagent

rm -rf Library/Preferences/ByHost
chmod 755 Library/Cookies

man what command is this that you posted here?

I did what I was told and simply reset my Mojave HD, deleted all programs and files, and deleted files from other HDs.

guy that crazy and irresponsible thing.

guys, help me for god's sake to reverse this because everything on my hard drives has been deleted and are working files, important that by executing this command were deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back