Contribute
Register

AppStore: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Vivobook S15UQ
CPU
i5-8520U
Graphics
UHD 620, GTX 940MX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! I've installed MacOS Mojave on my Asus Vivobook S15UQ. My clover is the same with this github because I have this laptop:
https://github.com/tctien342/Asus-Vivobook-S510UA-High-Sierra-10.13-Hackintosh
I also patched my network to en0, and patched SMBIOS successfully. ICloud and IMess works well but AppStore doesn't work. It just show this message when I try to sign in and download: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)
Any solution? Thanks

i have a desktop and i got same issue. My specs i5 4590 rx570 and Asus H97m-Plus Motherboard with 8GB 1600 mhz ram. Everything is fine except app store. when i enter my icloud account it accepts but nothing happends. still stays login screen and says error 500.

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/. Move com.apple.appstore.plist (and com.apple.appstore.commerce.plist for good measure) onto the desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

answer from Apple Discussion forum

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/. Move com.apple.appstore.plist (and com.apple.appstore.commerce.plist for good measure) onto the desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

answer from Apple Discussion forum

I dont have com.apple.appstore.commerce.plist in Library folder :\

I have this problem too, tried also with a fresh install of Mojave. Every Apple service (iCloud, iMessage ecc) works, but the app store returns me com.apple.commerce.client error 500 when I try to download. If I try to login, the app store ask my account password but then nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix it?

Make sure to log out of the Appstore and close it before running this terminal command.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"

Last edited:
You cool, it`s works. Thanks

Hello TRS96,

I am quite new to terminal and commands, Please tell me how to execute above command? when I do that it shows something like below

defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)
defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)
2019-03-10 21:58:23.501 defaults[688:41330] Unexpected argument TRUE; leaving defaults unchanged.

Please help me sort out this issue!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back