RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With 0 configuration changes. Same hardware, same clover config, no new software at all. Literally it worked this morning, and this evening it didn't.

Apple seems to have simply remotely revoked access to both itunes and appstore for my appleid for only THIS machine. I can access both fine from 2 iphones, 2 apple watches, 1 ipad, and 2 real macs.

but my hack is now deauthorized from both and attempting to authorize it to use app store OR itunes fails with error codes. itunes throws -50 and
-42408. app store throws error "Use the Purchased page to try again."

macOS Permissions are fine, en0 is fine and correctly built in ethernet and even connected to internet. nvram is fine, All debug shows all uuid and serials etc are still working correctly and unchanged. in fact, I can still use working imessage and facetime. it's just purchases associated with appleId that seem to be utterly revolked on hackintosh.

I've even checked authorized device list on a working mac and total is under 5 limit, heck it's only at 3. it's supposed to be 4 but as i said they literally deleted the hackintosh from authorized ON THEIR OWN and won't let it back on. It's like something in their system decided to utterly blacklist it.

Only thing I can think of, maybe someone out there generated same serial I've been using for years, (yes YEARS) without problem and suddenly apple black flagged it (although if that's case I bet imessage/facetime fail too, it's only a matter of time). I am hoping that's not case though because I really don't want to deal with the whole calling apple up and acting totally dumb about why my serial isn't in their system when trying to setup imessage/facetime again. I'm hoping there is one more software problem I haven't tried yet.

Updated progress, I believe I know what hosed it. It's not serial. It seems simply opening roxio toast yesterday to makea CD for my mother damaged itunes beyond repair. I had thought of that and reinstalled itunes already with a fresh downloaded package even but that didn't work. But then in obscure bowels of internet I found a post that said reinstalling itunes doesn't always work because apple installers are dumb. That post said to reinstlal itunes using pacifist only so I tried it and it actually worked. itunes now works again.

Of course here is probelm, app store still doesn't. it still throws 42408 in console. so somehow roxio busted that too?
There is only one way to reinstall app store though and I'm really not in mood for that right now...

Lession of thread, stay FAR AWAY from roxio. once a good company, a shadow of former self since they changed ownership so many times and they are now in coral's devastating non mac friendly handling hands.

Yeah, it turns out it wasn't even roxio that broke it, it is the high sierra security updates that break it. they break installs that still use the old itunes. Just reinstalling itunes with pacifist (HAS TO BE PACIFIST) and telling it to overwrite all files fixes it.

I wanted to mention that I get ALL of the issues mentioned in your initial post if I use any version of Whatevergreen.kext newer than 1.3.4 in my EFI/Clover/kexts. 1.3.5 and all higher break both iTunes and the MacOS App Store - errors -42408 and -50, and no way to update installed Mac OS apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back