z77
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi, i've been searching the forums for a few weeks now without any luck in finding a solution for my problem, the seemingly random app-crashes.

The system I am using:

GA-ZNN7-WIFI
I5-3570k
Corsair 1600mhz, 8gb
120gb Sandisk SSD
(Customacmini 2012 shopping list)

Building the machine went smoothly and everything has been working like a charm for a couple of months, untill..

I updated to 10.8.3. I used the combo-update from apple.com, installed fine, ran multibeast to re-enable sound.

Everything was working.

A few days later, apps started crashing. Mostly finder, safari, chrome, installer.(different error reports) Sometimes the system freezes aswell.

Very much like this guy: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ld-ga-z77x-up5-th-i5-2500k-3-3ghz-m4-ssd.html

The weird thing is, that reinstalling OSx to 10.8.2 does not help. Restoring to a backup does not either.

I've ran the memtest "Rember" in safemode (safemode also works fine, without crashes) without errors.

When booting I do see a list of "unable to..." but im not fast enough to read what it all says.

Did updating damage my hardware or what?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z77 udh5
CPU
i7 3700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this exact same issue. Just started last night....a strange coincidence I think. The only thing that I had done differently recently was I tried to add another 3tb storage HDD formatted in exFAT, which strangely led to boot problems (I created another post regarding that). I removed the disk from the sata port and proceeded as normal and this started happening.

I doubt those two things are related. The fact that this hit us both on the same day is weird. I haven't done any updates my 10.8.3 install and my build is the Customac Pro with a GTX 650 video card.

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Motherboard
z77
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Heyyy...

Mine was a faulty ram-stick. Ran memtest from a ubuntu usb-stick i had. Turned up errors everywhere, got it replaced on warranty.

I once again have a fully working system.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.