Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i've been searching the forums for a few weeks now without any luck in finding a solution for my problem, the seemingly random app-crashes.

The system I am using:

GA-ZNN7-WIFI
I5-3570k
Corsair 1600mhz, 8gb
120gb Sandisk SSD
(Customacmini 2012 shopping list)

Building the machine went smoothly and everything has been working like a charm for a couple of months, untill..

I updated to 10.8.3. I used the combo-update from apple.com, installed fine, ran multibeast to re-enable sound.

Everything was working.

A few days later, apps started crashing. Mostly finder, safari, chrome, installer.(different error reports) Sometimes the system freezes aswell.

Very much like this guy: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ld-ga-z77x-up5-th-i5-2500k-3-3ghz-m4-ssd.html

The weird thing is, that reinstalling OSx to 10.8.2 does not help. Restoring to a backup does not either.

I've ran the memtest "Rember" in safemode (safemode also works fine, without crashes) without errors.

When booting I do see a list of "unable to..." but im not fast enough to read what it all says.

Did updating damage my hardware or what?

I have this exact same issue. Just started last night....a strange coincidence I think. The only thing that I had done differently recently was I tried to add another 3tb storage HDD formatted in exFAT, which strangely led to boot problems (I created another post regarding that). I removed the disk from the sata port and proceeded as normal and this started happening.

I doubt those two things are related. The fact that this hit us both on the same day is weird. I haven't done any updates my 10.8.3 install and my build is the Customac Pro with a GTX 650 video card.

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Heyyy...

Mine was a faulty ram-stick. Ran memtest from a ubuntu usb-stick i had. Turned up errors everywhere, got it replaced on warranty.

I once again have a fully working system.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back