Contribute
Register

Apps can't access internet (browser can though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UD3
CPU
i7 X9730k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nothing has changed yet now my applications can't access the internet. That includes dropbox ("starting dropbox" is continuous message) as well as plugins for FCPX (such as mglitch...image attached). I have read that with normal macs this is a system.plist issue.

Why would this just happen if nothing changed? I have tried to go into the network settings in system prefs but that times out. Another interesting thing that started to happen is that when I restart I am required to login using my password. This was turned off and never happened in the past.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 4.49.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 4.49.12 PM.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 4.50.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 4.50.49 PM.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 98
Try "Verify Disk" and/or "Verify Disk Permission" in disk utility. Then have OSX fix the differences automatically and reboot. If that still doesn't work, re-run the new multibeast 5.4.1 activating the right options for your machine specifically the ethernet kext.

Try "Verify Disk" and/or "Verify Disk Permission" in disk utility. Then have OSX fix the differences automatically and reboot. If that still doesn't work, re-run the new multibeast 5.4.1 activating the right options for your machine specifically the ethernet kext.

I actually just tried both of those steps and it didn't work. Everything is working with the exception of the apps. This reminds me of all the posts that I used to see with hackintosh app stores not connecting. I can't even get into the network settings within system preferences (I have trashed those as well...). I saw a solution of adding the following string to my .plist but I'm not sure where it would go or if it would mess things up:

<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x19,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>built-in</key>
<string>0x01</string>
</dict>
</dict>

It is just strange that this would just start happening.

I think that it is very strange and could be telling that the computer makes me login upon restart even though my privacy options are set so that there is no login necessary

I booted in verbose and safe mode (-v -x) and that fixed the issue. Not sure how, but apparently a safe mode boot automatically fixes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back