Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FINAL UPDATE: Resolved!

Somehow FakeSMC.kext was missing from the kext/Other folder (maybe after I upgraded Clover?). However, since the original install was interrupted the files were corrupt, so I had to create a USB 2.0 (not 3.0) install disk and begin from there. Finally I managed to upgrade my system while keeping all my data (decided to say screw it and go with APFS also).

I'm having some issues upgrading my Sierra installation to High Sierra.

I started the installation with the command to preserve HFS. The installation began but got stuck at about 80% complete. I performed a hard reset and tried to boot from Macintosh HD directly.

I should specify I'm using an nVME drive for this - and I removed the RehabMan patches from my config.plist before beginning the installation.

Eventually I get the following error:
AppleUSBXHCIPort :: resetAndCreateDevice: failed to start device

IMG_0034.JPG

And after a few moments the screen gets all jumbled and I get a USB Sound assertion in AppleUSBAudioControlInterface:

IMG_0031.JPG

Finally I get the prohibited symbol.

My Sierra installation used nvidia web drivers and the HDMI audio fix, apart from that fairly standard. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Attached config.plist

UPDATE 2: By selecting an older config, it seems I am still able to boot into Sierra. I modified my new config.plist to include RehabMan's new XHCI patches, and am running the installation again with verbose mode now. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE 3: I am no longer able to boot into Sierra, not sure what I did. Now I get the following error in the High Sierra install:

IMG_0035.JPG

UPDATE 4: This is what I get if I enable safe mode. Boot hangs after this point

IMG_0036.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back