Contribute
Register

AppleTV+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try:
1. set Nvidia as primary video in BIOS, Intel graphics as secondary
2. set SMBIOS to imac14,x or imac15,x in Clover or OpenCore
3. define AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0412000B or 0x04120004 for a 4th-generation headless HD-4600
[Read up on it in:]

4. add shikigva=256 as boot argument

See: DRM fixes in WhatEverGreen via Shiki Module for Nvidia GPU's in link above:

[I don't have any systems with Nvidia GPU's so i am unable to test or give any advice, however looking at the Shiki compatibility Matrix linked above it seems that may be possible to get DRM video playback working in Apple TV+ by using the boot argument shikigva=256 with the IGPU disabled and using a iMac or MacMini SMBIOS.]

Works for me in 3rd-generation Intel system with Nvidia on AppleTV.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2020-10-20 v 18.17.02.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2020-10-20 v 18.17.02.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
Done, its working. I think it started to work when I enabled iGPU in BIOS and set shikigva=80 in config.plist. I recommend this OpenCore post install troubleshooting guide for DRM
Hmmm. When I look at my PCI devices, I have two for my RX 5500 XT (actually 3 but the third is for audio), it shows one as "Navi 10 XL Upstream port of PCI Express Switch" (Internal@0,1,0/0,0), and the second one is the same but "downstream port" (Internal@0,1,0/0,0/0,0). Neither say "VGA Controller", only PCI bridge. Do I add shikigva 80 to the downstream port?

I guess the downstream is the correct but I haven't experience with your hardware. Backup your EFI and try it :)

Did you try:
3. define AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0412000B or 0x04120004 for a 4th-generation headless HD-4600

See: DRM fixes in WhatEverGreen via Shiki Module for Nvidia GPU's in link above:

[I don't have any systems with Nvidia GPU's so i am unable to test or give any advice, however looking at the Shiki compatibility Matrix linked above it seems that may be possible to get DRM video playback working in Apple TV+ by using the boot argument shikigva=256 with the IGPU disabled and using a iMac or MacMini SMBIOS.]

Thank you, it wrok for me

Did you try:

Thanks works for me on my Dell M4800 (Catalina with iMac 15.1)

Last edited:
I got mine fixed (iGPU + Rx580)

by run the following command:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Note: forces AMD DRM decoder for streaming services (like Apple TV and iTunes movie streaming)

more reference can be found here

I got mine fixed (iGPU + Rx580)

by run the following command:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Note: forces AMD DRM decoder for streaming services (like Apple TV and iTunes movie streaming)

more reference can be found here

Wow, so simple, thank you, works for me.

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro • i5 9400 Coffe Lake - Intel 630 • ATI Radeon RX 580 Sapphire Pulse • WiFi BCM4360 AC1200
iMac19,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back