Contribute
Register

AppleTV+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had mentioned that changing the SMBIOS model helps. I changed mine to iMacPro1,1 and tv+ started working fine.

This worked for me also.
Same here. Although, I have to quit and then reopen AppleTV after watching a movie purchased/downloaded through Apple as the activity window won't open again unless I do that. Movies I've ripped as MP4s and then added to my library aren't affected and play fine - no matter which SMBIOS setting I have.

Someone had mentioned that changing the SMBIOS model helps. I changed mine to iMacPro1,1 and tv+ started working fine.

I changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 and the appleTV+ works like a charm.

Whoever mentioned that is awesome. Thanks a lot.

good news

I changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1

and wow its works fine

Last edited:
I changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 and disabled IGPU and it appears to be working. It didn't work at first, but I once I re-authenticated with Apple, it started working. So, yeah... the SMBIOS trick worked for me.

Only remaining issue is downloading TV+ content. Keep getting this error
can_stream_not_download.png

I changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 and disabled IGPU and it appears to be working. It didn't work at first, but I once I re-authenticated with Apple, it started working. So, yeah... the SMBIOS trick worked for me.

View attachment 435646

use MacPro 6,1

use MacPro 6,1

I tend to get the same error when downloading HLS content even thought I am using MacPro6,1
as the SMBiOS ID in one machine. The content appears to completely download, but then fails in
post-processing the download with the -11800 error code. MPEG-4 movies work fine.

May I ask you, almusaka, how you have configured your IGPU and DGPU for the MacPro6,1?
Are you using WEG, and/or do you have a special configuration for your DGPU? Do you disable the
IGPU?

Same issue with my native Nvidia gtx780

I’m on Haswell igpu disabled and using opencore with SMBIOS imac 15,1
I also tried to use iMacPro1,1

I can download content with both smbios but not playing video.

Any Idea?

View attachment 435646
Somebody at an apple official forum post a solution (credit goes to Serge Rosenthale). It seems the problem is on the apple side, not being able to synchronize some of the Apple Online Services (Music, TV and Podcasts) with the corrupt user database. There's three workarounds: create a new user profile, reinstall or just clear the databases with a few commands.

1. Sign out of iCloud on your Mac
2. Open Terminal & use the following commands:

sudo -v
Enter Your Mac Password
killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper
rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts

3. Restart your Mac
4. Open Music App & sign in to your account (You should sign in to your account)
5. Check your TV & Podcast Apps (You should sign in to your account)
6. Open System Preferences & go to iCloud (You should sign in to your account) just activate iCloud Drive

Last edited:
Somebody at an apple official forum post a solution (credit goes to Serge Rosenthale). It seems the problem is on the apple side, not being able to synchronize some of the Apple Online Services (Music, TV and Podcasts) with the corrupt user database. There's three workarounds: create a new user profile, reinstall or just clear the databases with a few commands.

1. Sign out of iCloud on your Mac
2. Open Terminal & use the following commands:

sudo -v
Enter Your Mac Password
rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts

3. Restart your Mac
4. Open Music App & sign in to your account (You should sign in to your account)
5. Check your TV & Podcast Apps (You should sign in to your account)
6. Open System Preferences & go to iCloud (You should sign in to your account) just activate iCloud Drive

Don't work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back