RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

i can't make appletv+ download and view videos. I can with my macbook pro.

So it seems there's a DRM issue with our hackintosh

yes also for me

I can only play the trailer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 3.57.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 3.57.08 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 896
I just downloaded a purchased movie 'The Man From Nowhere' and played 'Avengers Assemble' in my collection without any problem, worked in Mojave and H/Sierra so wasn't expecting any problems but thought I'd just check when I read these posts.

I also have some Apple TV problems using HP 8300's with Ivy Bridge i5-3470 with a
HD2500 graphics IGPU, and either an Nvidia Kepler GT 730 or AMD RX 560 video card
as a DGPU.

I can't make the GT730 work with Apple TV at all.

With the RX 560 machines, I must turn off the Intel IGPU in BiOS to get Apple TV to work.
And even then, I am not able to view content stored as HLS Video, such as Snoopy in Space,
but only from downloaded content which is stored as an MPEG-4 movie in m4v format. I
cannot stream any content, but must first find content which can be downloaded, download
it, and wait for the downloading process to finish post-processing.

I've tried invoking various shikigva options, and various shiki-ids as described in An Idiot's Guide to
Lilu and its Plugins
, to no avail. However, Ivy Bridge systems are known to have DRM problems,
and your Intel graphics may work better than mine.

If you have another working machine, you might consider downloading content to it and testing
from there. Set your working System Preferences / Sharing to turn on Home Sharing of Media Sharing.
You should be able to access downloaded content on the working machine from your other machines
on the home network. I have a working (real) Mac Mini, and it allows me to check whether there are
problems in the downloading process or in the playback process with my hackintoshes.

I have the same issue too. Works on my MB pro.

I can download and play purchased videos on Catalina, but I can't stream on Apple TV+, even though I signed up for the trial. But it will let me stream and view the trailers.

Watching this thread. I can't even see movies I bought years ago on iTunes which are in m4v format. I can hear the audio, just can't see the video stream.

Someone had mentioned that changing the SMBIOS model helps. I changed mine to iMacPro1,1 and tv+ started working fine.

Someone had mentioned that changing the SMBIOS model helps. I changed mine to iMacPro1,1 and tv+ started working fine.

This worked for me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back