Contribute
Register

Apple's WWDC June 5-9, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need work station apple, not that any one working there is reading this!
Did you know search trends for hackintosh is falling on Google... I think all pros have already lost faith in apple... Only few hybrid artists like me still left here

Check any vfx tutorial till 2014 all on macs, post that all on windows...

Personally i have seen in 2017, these software now work better or at least more stable on bootcamp windows than mac. ( Same machine)

The problem for professionals using Hacks, is that GPU support is getting less and less certain.

I could build a PC and deck it out with a couple of GTX1080s, but I can't do that on a Hack.

I could put in some RX480s, but they won't work without an iGPU to boot - which knocks out all the Xeon processors that I'd want to use.

Unless NVIDIA bring out Pascal driver support, or the new nMP gives us better support for high end ATI cards, then I think a lot of people are just going to cut their losses and move (back) to Windows. At least there I can put in a 8-core Ryzen for half the price of an Intel 6900k. Plus, with the right motherboard support, you can get ECC too. I can build a much better rig, for much cheaper, with better support. The only issue is getting used to Windows again.

I'll continue to hold out till the nMP is released (which better be soon dammit) and hopefully that will give us an indication of what the future holds.

Could this be the WWDC when they finally announce the Apple Car ? Probably not. But I think that their work on that as well as their main focus on iOS and the iPhone has led to their lengthy neglect of the Mac Pro and professional users, who are now abandoning them in droves. Guess they figure that they can't keep everyone happy so they let support of their smallest user group go by the wayside. You'd think that a co. with that much money and personnel could manage a MP refresh in less than 4 years time. They put millions into R & D and also built a factory in TX to build them and then let it die on the vine.

I hope Apple confirms their position towards Professionals, Either announce they are killing the Mac Pro and iMacs, and Mac Mini and Macbooks are it. or Launch that Tower Mac again with options to go Nvidia/ AMD on Graphics... Asking for a AMD cpu is a long shot.
This time I would be happy to even get a Ryzen Mac Mini with eGPU support.. Like 6 USB C port and Interchangeable SSDs...

What happens once Apple discontinue their latest MacPros with PCIe Ports ?
Will this be the end for modern 3rd Party Graphic Cards support ?
From Apples point of view it wouldn't make sense to support them anymore, but only they cards they are using right now?

What happens once Apple discontinue their latest MacPros with PCIe Ports ?
Will this be the end for modern 3rd Party Graphic Cards support ?
I'm fairly sure they will continue to sell iMacs with discrete graphics cards even if they axe the Mac Pro this year. So that will still leave options open for at least the AMD graphics they'll continue to use.

iMacs with discrete graphics cards
Yeah sure, but why support the most recent Nvidia cards if they don't use them in their latest iMacs etc ?
The latest iMac just have Radeon or Intel Iris, they don't even come with any Nvidia Card

It'd be awesome to see mac OS to support a newer version of open gl of Vulcan or basically any other modern graphics api, other than that mac os is near perfect in my eyes :)
My thoughts exactly!
My wishlist for next MacOS 10.13:
  • Gaming: Vulcan,Unity Engine etc, a Gaming Center: Tournaments,Streaming.Syncing scores,achievements etc.
  • Design: Update some old System Apps to newer Design that matches iOS and Sierra,a system Wide dark/light theme.
  • Out of the Box NTFS Read & Write Support (i know it is there with some Terminal commands but i mean just direct plug and open read&write available)
  • Bring back the Battery Remaining or an overhauled Battery Stats
  • Other refreshment to current apps and features and everything else that`s new is welcome for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back