Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 11.58.33 AM.png
Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) will be held the week of Monday June 13th, with a special keynote presentation to kick things off. We're expecting news about the next version of OS X (MacOS?) and iOS, as well as new hardware.

Watch the keynote live on Monday at https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/live/

Last edited:
The latest I hear is that the skylake macbook pro versions are pushed till later this year with focus on OSX (or macOS henceforth?!) for the WWDC. Would be a pain though, plenty of early movers on skylake builds. Mine runs, but has limitations so severe I saw myself forced to rebuild my z97x (display, no thunderbolt / usb 3 support, restart on USB, etc). Hope they launch skylake and upgrade OSX to support it like, mhm, YESTERDAY?!

The latest I hear is that the skylake macbook pro versions are pushed till later this year
At a guess I could see them updating them sooner rather than later, as the hardware is already available for their mobile devices. MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Pro 580(Skylake). Apple's 13" MBP uses Intel Iris HD6100 (Broadwell) there is a huge performance difference between these integrated GPU's. Hopefully Skylake refresh will give better IGPU performance to desktop CPU's.

At a guess I could see them updating them sooner rather than later, as the hardware is already available for their mobile devices. MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Pro 580(Skylake). Apple's 13" MBP uses Intel Iris HD6100 (Broadwell) there is a huge performance difference between these integrated GPU's. Hopefully Skylake refresh will give better IGPU performance to desktop CPU's.
I reckon they should update soonish with plenty of skylake alternatives being introduced as we speak. Have seen the updates on component pipelines etc which might suggest they do a 13" refresh now with the 15" later during the year. Whichever way things turn out though, I would think that regardless of the model, any skylake mac would be good news as it will force apple to update OSX to take full advantage and be compatible. Once that's here, skylake builds on compatible software should become much easier. Better yet, let them update something with both skylake and the latest thunderbolt ports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back