Contribute
Register

Apple's New 12" Retina MacBook Revealed: 2 Pounds, Fanless, Broadwell CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the resolution is 2304 x 1440, not sure where you got the lower res specs. And why don't you wait until you see the performance of the processor before making judgements. It may not be as bad as you think.

I'm a little bummed they didn't announce anything with the Mac Mini. Oh well

Where TF is the glowing apple?! :eek:

i must say this but this is what i think don't know if anyone will agree with me on this but i think this is going to help the hackintosh community going to be even more popular cause of what apple are doing also a lot of people will stay with the older MacBooks i still use my macbook mid 2010 do you guys agree with me on this?:thumbup:

Those external display adapters are RIDICULOUS - ugly, poorly designed, AND over priced. If this is the future of the Mac, I'm returning to the PC world. First, they created a $2000 MacBook Pro with crappy Intel Graphics. Then a Professional workstation that can be expanded only though sprawling cable clutter...and now this awkward and anemic port-starved MacBook.

My suspicions are confirmed.....Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs. What a horrible day for Mac users everywhere - a sad realization that the Mac's best days are behind!

I think they did an outstanding job design wise. but I do not like apples current direction. leaving power users confused.

honestly great stuff with the lcd aperture, track pad and keyboard. tho idk how good such low travel will be.. trackpad will be great with artists.

however. I wouldn't be surprised if people find ios installed on it when they open it.

I had a late 2013 rmbp that I loathed. no joke reading a pdf or doing anything at all involved tons of stutter and un smooth performance.

Now I have a supped up 2010pro and I love it. id say it performance about the same. for much less

I think the early haswell rmbp may have just had some core problems in software that were never addressed. I hear the 2014 is way smoother...

Personaly IM considering the new rmbp because of the force trackpad. better battery. and hope to god the gpu can actually handle the resolution for a change...

but I miss the days when mbp had discrete gpus and pushed performance....

apple is only targeting hashtag generation...

but man i bet that lightness and battery is stellar. or u could just get a chrome book.

I think people are overreacting a bit with this new release. Sure its very limited in ports and connectivity and processing power. But it seems like Apple is might to fade out their Air line in favor of these. And if you compare the first generation MacBook Air to the latest generation, Apple has improved to design to have connectivity and usability for larger variety of users. I think that time and another generation or two will show the truer potential of the new MacBook line.

Oh i forgot to mention the usb c is stellar..

I don't know why people want so many holes to plug things in... these people remind me of the ones who whined about no cd drive...

lets cut the bloody clutter.. I've ALWAYS wanted charge and data in one cable..

FINALY!!!! probably the best thing about it... besides the fact that hackintoshes will be dirt cheap now.. I wonder if core m is same as new celeron architecture. maybe vanilla kernel support for newer atom cpus as well. this could be a boon for the hack mini.

Maybe wait for the 15" pro ... might include usb c

at the end of the day Im impressed with the product.. and I get. it.. But it has a stupid price.

its an iPad with a keyboard...

it should only be 799 at most... i would rather have a chrome book

the thing people should really be getting upset about is this damn wearable trend. Ugh its so pointless.

I might have taken them serious if they used a e ink display... but whats the point of a watch with 3 hour battery..... COME ON does no one else see how dumb color lcd smart watches are????????

nice article tony!

Does anyone know if the new macs also have bigger aperture lcd?

Dunno about the 2013 rMBP... I have a mid-2012 model, i.e. the first one that came out. Sandy Bridge, I think. (I normally wouldn't be a first-adopter, but my grandparents were buying me a new computer, so.)

It came with 10.7, IIRC, and had a fair bit of software glitches with the monitor and such. 10.8 was better, and I'm still on 10.9.5—there are a few bits of third-party software that Yosemite breaks, I think. I have Yosemite on my Hackintosh.

But as far as glitches, Mavericks has been pretty good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back