Motherboard
Gigabyte P67X-UD3
CPU
i5-2320
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system boots fine and runs great. But i am getting slow boot times. About a minute with my OCZ Vertex SSD. I boot into OS X using versa boot and it is hanging up on the apple power management. It does boot but sit there for a while. How can i make this faster ? I am using:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Pleas help.

I assume you mean appleintelcpupowermanagement? You could just delete it (backup a copy to desktop) but that would result in your CPU running at full whack all the time....

yes it is only on boot up. the computer is fine and fast once up. Were is that file located ? and would it cause the CPU to never throttled down.

Do you have NullCPU in either /Extra/Extensions or /S/L/Extensions ? Since you have a Gigabyte mobo you normally should not need it. There's a brief pause when AICPUPM "times out" and NullCPU takes over. If I understand things correctly that is.........

yes it is only on boot up. the computer is fine and fast once up. Were is that file located ? and would it cause the CPU to never throttled down.

Yes that's correct. It will also probably stop sleep/wake working. I'd use it as a temporary fix whilst you look for a better solution. It's located in System\Library\Extensions. Ensure you repair permissions before you reboot. This can be done from Disk Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back