Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got a Lenovo M710 Tiny i7-7700 with a 512GB Samsung NVMe drive (PM981 rebranded for Lenovo) and a 500GB WD5000LPLX HDD. I can install High Sierra to the HDD with no issue, but not to the NVMe. It gets about half way and then says something about the bless tool not able to bless the filesystem. I've tried both Unibeast and a vanilla install with clover and required kexts to install to NVMe
I've got it booted and running on the HDD, but when I try to copy over to the NVMe via CCC, it gets about 20gb in and then the following shows up in log files and IO stops on the NVMe. I can read things but no writes occur.

kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status)
kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( fFatalState == false ) ErrorUnlock file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeController.cpp AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status) line: 4608
kernel ProcessingError
kernel
kernel ProcessingError
kernel file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeBlockStorageDevice.cpp
kernel line: 545

I've tried with vanilla IONVMeFamily from original install, IONVMeFamily and hackrnvmefamily both in SLE, just hackrnvmefamily in SLE (removed IONVMeFamily, but no NVMe shows up). Apparently High Sierra has native NVMe support, but it's not liking me so far... The NVMe was running Windows 10 previously with no issues, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I don't have another NVMe SSD to test out.

Suggestions?

I've got a Lenovo M710 Tiny i7-7700 with a 512GB Samsung NVMe drive (PM981 rebranded for Lenovo) and a 500GB WD5000LPLX HDD. I can install High Sierra to the HDD with no issue, but not to the NVMe. It gets about half way and then says something about the bless tool not able to bless the filesystem. I've tried both Unibeast and a vanilla install with clover and required kexts to install to NVMe
I've got it booted and running on the HDD, but when I try to copy over to the NVMe via CCC, it gets about 20gb in and then the following shows up in log files and IO stops on the NVMe. I can read things but no writes occur.

kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status)
kernel AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( fFatalState == false ) ErrorUnlock file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeController.cpp AppleNVMe Assert failed: 0 == (status) line: 4608
kernel ProcessingError
kernel
kernel ProcessingError
kernel file: /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IONVMeFamily/IONVMeFamily-356.1.4/IONVMeBlockStorageDevice.cpp
kernel line: 545

I've tried with vanilla IONVMeFamily from original install, IONVMeFamily and hackrnvmefamily both in SLE, just hackrnvmefamily in SLE (removed IONVMeFamily, but no NVMe shows up). Apparently High Sierra has native NVMe support, but it's not liking me so far... The NVMe was running Windows 10 previously with no issues, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I don't have another NVMe SSD to test out.

Suggestions?

Did you try installing on HFS+ instead of APFS?

Did you try installing on HFS+ instead of APFS?
I've tried:
- HFS+J using the No Convert script from Unibeast to NVMe
- APFS formatted from Disk utility to NVMe
- HFS+J formated in disk utility then allow installer to run its APFS

HFS+J works on the HDD, and trying to CCC it over from HDD to NVMe gives me the same errors.

I've tried:
- HFS+J using the No Convert script from Unibeast to NVMe
- APFS formatted from Disk utility to NVMe
- HFS+J formated in disk utility then allow installer to run its APFS

HFS+J works on the HDD, and trying to CCC it over from HDD to NVMe gives me the same errors.

Did you solve this problem yet? I have the same problems to install 10.12.6 and 10.13.2 in X1C 2017 with PM981.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back