Contribute
Register

AppleNVMe Assert failed: ASUS Prime X299-A II/Intel Core i7-9800x/Radeon VII/Mojave Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime-A ii
CPU
Intel Core i7-9800x
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Hi, first time posting…
I'm having a hard time booting off the Mojave installer disk, and always get stuck at "AppleNVME: Assert failed…" (see attached image).

I've attached my EFI folder and my Config.plist in case anyone would like to see what may be wrong.

Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_3151.jpg
    IMG_3151.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • Archive.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi P1LGRIM!,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have done some searching and found solutions for placing SSDT.aml patches in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, which does not change my outcome. I think also that the bootloader does not recognise all my patches.

For instance, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-vega-64-updated-10-14-6.275272/#post-1940477 seems such a different machine to mine.

I am having difficulty finding a solution that matches my hardware list. Even so, I have attempted the above-linked solution and many, many others with similar results.

Thanks

I am having difficulty finding a solution that matches my hardware list.
Could be because it is not related to your hardware list.

Application of this patch should allow you to progress to the next problem.

Could be because it is not related to your hardware list.

Yes, I have that in ACPI patches, thanks. How do I know whether it's being applied?

How do I know whether it's being applied?
Usually the boot will progress further than shown in your image.

BTW I just looked at the config.plist that you posted and frankly it's ridiculous.
I don't know where you got it from but you should start again.

BTW I just looked at the config.plist that you posted and frankly it's ridiculous.

Haha! Totally. I will start at the top (again). Thanks.

Hi P1LGRIM, any recommendations on what to check/uncheck in clover installer (Version2.4k r5100) or do I go with recommended?

Hi P1LGRIM, I have started over, but am back at the 1393 error. I have patched ACPI with mattystonnie's patch. I've attached a pic, it does look a little different but still stuck. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-3152.JPG
    IMG-3152.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
Hi P1LGRIM, here is my new Config. Apart from the ACPI Patch and xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha patch, I went ahead and chose a iMacPro1,1 — everything else is stock. What can I do now? Am still stuck at boot (picture above). Thanks again

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.7 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back