Contribute
Register

AppleLPC kext and Z77-DSH3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks by your reply mini hack

Well, I were looking inside of AppleLPC.kext and it has not the info.plist file ... i guess that need use a DSDT.

Question

I have other hackintosh my first build and works with the Lion 10.7.4. The motherboard is an Intel DG33BU and the processor is an Intel Quad Core Q6600.
Can i copy the info.plist file of my old hackintosh, add the key that i need and paste the info.plist file modified inside of AppleLPC.kext on my new hackintosh with i3? or perhaps more easy is copy the AppleLPC.kext from my old hackintosh, modify the info.plist file and install the modified AppleLPC.kext on my new Hackintosh with i3. is possible?

Thanks in advanced
Grettings

Hello

Well, I have the AppleLPC.kext working

The solution was editing the info.plist file but first I had that show all invisible files using a command in the terminal

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

For some reason the info.plist file inside my AppleLPC.kext was invisible, the did visible, edit the file, and then did invisible the hidden files again using the command

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

Restart the hackintosh and now the AppleLPC.kext is loaded and working

Thanks everybody by the help
Greetings

Sorry, I forgot that it is hidden in Mountain Lion (I was posting from Lion at the time). I keep forgeting what the terminal command is to show those files so I use the application "ShowAllFiles" to do the same thing.
Anyway glad you got it sorted.

No sorry minihack

You gave me the solution to my problem, if you forgot say some one thing is good for the noob, because it helps stimulate the sense of self-sufficiency

Thanks 1000
Gretings

Hi,
You can get it to load by injecting an Apple recognised Id for the LPC.
Here is my edit for DSDT:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x43, 0x1E, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

This method should be inserted immediately after the LPC address line, in my case after the line "Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)"

Obviously you also need to have the Method DTGP in your DSDT but I guess you will know that.

This will then allow AppleLPC.kext to load for you.

Any chance you can help me with this problem? I only have an SBRG section which is apparently what Asus calls it. Have no clue where to insert this under SBRG and also don;t understand your "Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back