CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't get past this line in the boot process. I have tried kext-dev-mode=1, but I have the same problem. Basically, the screen goes dark, disk loading stops, and the computer reboots. What should I do?

I can't get past this line in the boot process. I have tried kext-dev-mode=1, but I have the same problem. Basically, the screen goes dark, disk loading stops, and the computer reboots. What should I do?

I had that same problem, I had to boot using f5 or f8 into the Unibeast USB Drive and then use -x -f -v and it worked for me.

I had that same problem, I had to boot using f5 or f8 into the Unibeast USB Drive and then use -x -f -v and it worked for me.

Didn't work unfortunately, but thanks for the help. I think the problem might be that I am using an internal HDD for install, but this used to work fine with Mavericks. I don't know whether to try using an external USB or waiting for more suggestions.

Okay I am in the installer. I decided to take a peak at this Info.plist file inside the kext it was getting stuck on, and this plist has a bunch of kexts under a key called Exclude List (or something along those lines). I opened up emacs, and began deleting all instances of lnx2mac and fakesmc, and tonymac that I could find. There were alot, so I got tired and deleted all the contents inside of the plist file. After that, I successfully booted into the installer. Now let's see if I can install and boot into yosemite.

Hi, I have not problem with the AppleKextExcludeList, but yes with a blackscreen (without reboot).
I've tried with all boot flags, until I've figured out about my smbios.plist file. Replaced the smbios.plist file in the yosemite installer Extra folder with mine, and now the blackscreen gone off :)

If this helps….

Cool, that's good to know. But the thing I tried worked for me :). I was then getting stuck at PCI configuration begin, but I noticed that tonymac said 6 series board using Award bios must use the AppleAcpiPlatform.kext from 10.9.5. I got this kext from my mavericks backup, and am now typing this from Mavericks :). Only issue is imessage is broken, but I seem to not be the only one.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with AppleKextExcludeList.kext and rebooting. My tonymac, lnx2mac, and fakesmc are all in the exception list. So you just deleted all the values for tonymac, inx2mac, and fakesmc and you were able to install Yosemite fine?

Hi, I'm having the same problem with AppleKextExcludeList.kext and rebooting. My tonymac, lnx2mac, and fakesmc are all in the exception list. So you just deleted all the values for tonymac, inx2mac, and fakesmc and you were able to install Yosemite fine?

In theory, I suspect that should do the job. However, I tried deleting only the kexts I used, and there a lot of them (different versions, etc., and since I didn't know my version, I tried to delete all of them). After a point, I just got tired of deleting them one by one, and just deleted all the text inside of that plist file. It installs perfectly fine after that. It might spit out a lot of "Couldn't parse zero length or NULL files" when it tries to read the plist file, but that's actually good, because it's not getting the info on which kexts to exclude, and it thus installs correctly.

I have the same problem with AppleKextExcludeList but i can't fix it... I don't know where to put my hands to fix that

I have the same problem with AppleKextExcludeList but i can't fix it... I don't know where to put my hands to fix that

What worked for me :
1) boot verbose and write down the location and full name of the kext (don't remember it right now).
2) connect unibeast drive
3) navigate to the kext location, and edit the info.plist file inside of the kext.
4) delete all the text in the plist file, and reboot into unibeast.

I recommend doing this in terminal since the unibeast drive only shows installosx.app (I assume the other files are hidden).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back