Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've spent the better part of a week trying to uncover a problem I was facing with the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH.
Here was my problem:
  • Start TimeMachine backup (Approximately 500GB)
  • 1 Hour in, the entire internal network gets flooded with packets causing ALL devices inside the network to lose connection (Roku's everything).
  • Reboot Computer - Problem goes away

It took me a while to understand that the network dropping was due to the Time Machine Back up and the Driver, but once I peiced that puzzle together, I started reading countless forums for people who have claimed to have fixed it, and know ways around it. After trying EVERY version of AppleIntelE1000e.kext I could find on this forum, (Even the patched 3.0.4 that some say works okay), I could not get ethernet to work. The ONLY version that works reliably and consistantly is version 2.4.14.

TLDR; Update the latest Multibeast to utilize AppleIntelE1000e.kext 2.4.14 (It was in Multibeast 5.4.3 and 5.5.5). This will save a lot of new builders a TON of headache and days of searching ;).

Here's a reference to 5.5.5's patchnotes where Multibeast was rolled back before to 2.4.14. It's still stable and reliable in 10.9.3.

Closed, MultiBeast 6 has multiple versions of the AppleIntelE1000e.kext:

Version Available Since
v2.4.14 MultiBeast 6.0.1
v2.5.4d MultiBeast 6.2.0
v3.0.4.1a MultiBeast 6.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back