CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After the macOS 10.15.3 update, AppleIntelE1000e seems to be broken (on my Hackintosh): ethernet stops working after wakeup from sleep.

I did try what I did succesfully with other kexts:

1. Showed package contents
2. Entered Contents folder
3. Opened info.plist with Text-editor
4. Changed version-numbers below <key>OSBundleLibraries</key> to the ones found with kextstat
5. Copied the resulting AppleIntelE1000e.kext to EFI | Clover | Kext | Other (see attached zip)

But this fails with AppleIntelE1000e, which is necessary: no ethernet without the kext.

Help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Help would be appreciated!

After several, non-Hackintosh, days I decided to look further and stumbled into IntelMausiEthernet.

"Our" site has version 2.4, which I installed but my Ethernet was slow.

A friends site (https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan) has version version 2.5, which seems outdated as well, bearing the above into mind.

So I did my one-trick-pony-trick again. (Success again!) So, the attached IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip contains my modified 2.5 version of IntelMausiEthernet. (Boo to AppleIntelE1000e.)

In addition, I removed the 2.4 kext from Library | Extensions and installed my 2.5+ version to EFI | Clover | Kext | Other. Don't forget the following terminal commands after removal:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Speedtest.jpg

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back