Contribute
Register

AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver loading only after unplug/plug DP cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
@giacomoleopardo - I had similar issue with my system:
  • macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (just updated to 11.2.2)
  • Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
  • Intel i7 10700K
  • iGPU enabled and working through DisplayPort 1.4 (HDMI 1.4 also available)
  • LG 34WN750-B 3440 x 1440 @75Hz & HDR working
  • iMac20,1
  • OpenCore 0.6.6
I couldn't output audio via DP connector, unless I connect the HDMI cable too. The DP Audio continues to work even after I disconnect the HDMI cable from the motherboard, until the next restart or shutdown.

I had the AppleALC.kext installed and correct Framebuffer Patch, but no luck.

Currently I switched to chris1111's VoodooHDA-OC, and have all audio ports Working

I removed:
- AppleALC.kext
- alcid boot arg
- ACPI patches
- all DeviceProperties patches since everything is working OOB

Previously:
- I generated my ACPI SSDT's via SSDTTime (I have Windows installed on the same system, but on different SSD - to correctly dump DSDT.aml it is important to boot directly on Windows, not via OpenCore)

Now I get audio out through all ports, I tested just stereo output:
- back green jack working
- front jack working
- DP Digital Audio through my monitor working (recognized as HDMI Audio)

I didn't tested audio out via HDMI cable, since I don't use it.

You can check my OC content and my config.plist, they contain minimum amount of files necessary for proper operation of the system.

sound_panel.pngaudio_report.pngOC_content.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.9 KB · Views: 177
Even though I would prefer AppleALC as the most brilliant solution to me so far, I tried VoodooHDA-OC.
No joy, here.
Here are the steps
  • Deleted AppleALC
  • Deleted Device Property injection
  • Implemented SSDT for HDEF, hda-gfx=onboard-1, GFX0 to IGPU, AAPL,ig-platform-id, HECI to IMEI since there is no AppleALC
  • implemented VoodooHDA-OC in Kexts folder and config.plist
Thanks nei-k, but Digital audio shows up just like yours, but without proper working: no sound at all. It's merely a useless output among others.

If you open my config.plist with OpenCore Configurator you will see that I discarded all patches from ACPI and Kernel and I deleted everything from device Properties. So maybe you should also discard what's left:
  • Implemented SSDT for HDEF, hda-gfx=onboard-1, GFX0 to IGPU, AAPL,ig-platform-id, HECI to IMEI since there is no AppleALC

Also, please ensure you have SIP disabled, otherwise getdump cannot install on usr/local/bin

If you open my config.plist with OpenCore Configurator you will see that I discarded all patches from ACPI and Kernel and I deleted everything from device Properties. So maybe you should also discard what's left:

Also, please ensure you have SIP disabled, otherwise getdump cannot install on usr/local/bin
Sorry I forgot to mention that: SIP was already disabled (btw, how come you use csr-active-config=E7030000? I believe we need to set it to FF0F0000 and add NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> csr-active-config as stated here)
full

Also, I don't have any active patch in ACPI nor in Kernel section.
To clarify: without AppleALC.kext, if you don't use proper SSDTs, you won't find HDEF device (because still is named as HDAS)
@nei-k Please can you confirm? You have actual sound through digital audio, or it's just showing up as one of the sound output options?

Last edited:
I currently have all audio ports working: DP audio, rear jack out, front jack out
I checked status of SIP with <csrutil status> and it is reported as "unknown", I probably should fix that, it remain unclear after playing around with several string to enable it.

When I used AppleALC.kext , and plugged both DP and HDMI cables to get DP Audio working, I noticed that something became active in IOReg.
I saved IOReg files in both Working and Non-Working stats.

At HDEF@1F,3 - I noticed "DigitalAudioCapabilities" was active, reporting both DP and HDMI connectors
HDEF.png

Also, IOHDACodecDevice@1F,3,2 became active (again when both DP and HDMI cables were plugged)
IOHDAC.png

Maybe there are some settings to trick the Hackintosh thinking that it has HDMi cable connected?

I leave a link for downloading the IOreg reports:
ALC - with DP audio working
ALC - no DP audio working
Voodoo - with DP audio working

The link is valid for 1 week: https://we.tl/t-3blJBPQXYq

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your sharing!
I had similar issue with my system before without HDMI audio but it is now fixed using this method.
  • macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
  • Asus Z490M-Plus
  • Intel i9 10850K
  • iGPU enabled and working through HDMI 1.4
  • LG 32UN500-W 4k HDR monitor
  • iMac20,2
  • OpenCore 0.6.5

Thank you so much for your sharing!
I had similar issue with my system before without HDMI audio but it is now fixed using this method.
  • macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
  • Asus Z490M-Plus
  • Intel i9 10850K
  • iGPU enabled and working through HDMI 1.4
  • LG 32UN500-W 4k HDR monitor
  • iMac20,2
  • OpenCore 0.6.5
Can you please share your config.plist? Thankyou in advance

For my Asrock Z490M-ITX I found this workaround for getting HDMI to work:
In the EFI/OC/Kexts section add:
”FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext"
and declare them in the Kernel/Add section ("FakePCIID.kext" before "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext")
Still in the config, in the
DeviceProperties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)
section add:

device-id | Data | 709D0000

For this result:

hda-gfx | String | onboard-1
layout-id | Data | 31000000
device-id | Data | 709D0000

After a restart, your HDMI device will be in the Audio options.
It seems that using Layout-id 51 (33 -> Hex) (Asrock Steel legend)
eliminates a problem with the Front Mic (Hissing) which
is present with the default 49 (31 -> Hex) Layout-id.
(Credits to @Lorys89 and @Jolly of MacOS86.it)

@flicka Wow, thank you very much for sharing. This way is the only one for me till now bringing HDMI Audio with only one display cable connected. OOB, that means without FakePCIID, it needed two cables before. Only issue is I suffer some glitches/zaps from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back