i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
USB problem, contact manufacturer.
Thanks for the response. It's not a USB problem. It works perfectly on my four windows machines. Again, output = perfect.. input.. not so much. The same USB cable and port are used for in and out. If you think of anything I can try.. lemme know.

Thanks again!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not relevant.
Off topic.
okay. You answered then told me off topic. Don't want to hijack the thread. Could you direct me to an area where someone might have some insight? I love what we do here and have built a rocking machine. Just need USB audio to work well. Thanks again!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hello Toleda,

I have a working HDMI and now trying to work with the HDMI passthrough under VLC or Plex. For the surround sound with Atmos or TrueHD, seems not working with HDMI. I can see the DTS by HDMI is working (eg. by encoded HDMI under VLC), but not Atmos or TrueHD, is it a limitation of mac or I need another media player? For example, only AC3 and DTS is able to "passthrough" Thanks for your help.

A screen shot of the plex is attached for reference.

upload_2018-9-12_13-44-46.png

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
For the surround sound with Atmos or TrueHD, seems not working with HDMI.
None of the "lossless" formats are supported or licensed in macOS. Years ago, a thread on Plex demonstrated converting TrueHD to LPCM allowed Plex/macOS to play near "TrueHD," LPCM is the only macOS option. tvOS 12 supports Atmos on AppleTV 4K, available 9/17.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
None of the "lossless" formats are supported or licensed in macOS. Years ago, a thread on Plex demonstrated converting TrueHD to LPCM allowed Plex/macOS to play near "TrueHD," LPCM is the only macOS option. tvOS 12 supports Atmos on AppleTV 4K, available 9/17.
Thanks Toleda for the help.

Cheers.