Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

Clean Mojave install. Almost everything seems to be working except few things.

Nvidia (I think not perfect but works with High Sierra driver) also brought the sound to my computer. However, I cannot control the sound from my keyboard. It has to be from the TV. As you see in the picture it is grayed out. My Logitech K400 Plus has volume buttons which I was using before with my Hackintosh High Sierra. I used a program that has a trial version (cannot remember its name) fixed this grayed out issue and continued to work even after trial expired. I cannot remember its name.

Any help as how to control the volume from the keyboard?

Attachments

• A8DDB094-CAD5-4B67-AC55-21FDB38DA211.jpeg
    A8DDB094-CAD5-4B67-AC55-21FDB38DA211.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 177
cannot control the sound from my keyboard. It has to be from the TV
Works as designed, off topic.
The device with the speakers control volume for any and all digital audio sources
I use the associated remote to control volume on my audio/video systems
Use search to identify third party Mac HDMI audio volume control apps

@toleda How can I disable AppleHDA auto switch or set the output to "external speakers" even when headphones are connected?

How can I disable AppleHDA auto switch or set the output to "external speakers" even when headphones are connected?
Custom AppleALC.kext
See Post #1/XI. AppleHDA Realtek Audio/1. Customization/Procedures/3. Manual Speaker and Headphone Selection

I have strange issuee with ALC892 with Mojave, no sound on some youtube videos.
When I download that video on HDD I can hear sound, also I notice that sound is much louder on Windows (dual boot) I remove Realtek driver on Windows but that doesn't help.

Using AppleALC + Lillu, have Orange, Black and Green port on my MOBO and only Green works (Audio ID 1 injected on config.plist

Any idea, what can be wrong?

Last edited:
Having a hard time, using AppleALC, instead of Voodoo on my Asrock H61M-VG3, it's an old motherboard, and it supposedly uses the ALC662 codec Intel Series 200 C200 Chipset, and with the device ID:8086,1c20.
I've tried all kinds of methods, like using the combo AppleALC and Lilu, and injecting layouts following the different layouts available for the ALC662 codec, but for some reason it's not working, only my USB headset works ... the other ports are not even displayed, I also have an ATI 6870HD, with HDMI, I would like to configure to connect it to my TV.

As a test, one of the dozens I've done, I downloaded Multibeast for Sierra and selected the 200 Series installation, but it returned an error, HDAS to HDEF is already there but for some reason that escapes my knowledge of this system, it doesn't work with any of all the available layouts I tried to inject ...

Screenshot 2019-10-18 20.10.13.png
Screenshot 2019-10-18 20.15.03.png
Screenshot 2019-10-18 20.23.34.png
Screenshot 2019-10-18 20.24.53.png

I just switched to the AppleALC method of audio after 10.14.6 made VoodoHDA stop working. All is good but my audio options are displaying in another language lol. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 7.03.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 7.03.04 PM.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 245
Anyone had any luck with Catalina? - I have no audio on my Asus Prime Z370-A since upgrading to Catalina :(

Same issue here: my Asus TUF Z390 was just fine on Mojave but no audio since Catalina upgrade. I tried both supported and unsupported methods with no success.

Yup, this is my #1 post, hi everyone ^^

Back