Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

Thanks its work for me, I simply install Lilu and Apple ALC with kextbeast.

Sorry, but I can't see the point.

I did the mentioned point a.
More in detail:
* I installed the native AppleHDA.kext (I think it's the native one. I did the update from 10.14.0 to 10.14.2. After this the size of AppleHDA.kext was different to the old version)
* I removed the entries from the config.plist. If I missed an entry please let me know which one.
* I removed the realtecALC.kext from kext/other
* I removed the realtecALC.kext from /L/E
... do I forgot something?

Point b should be that one (Because the Asrock Z370 extreme4 has an 1220 chip):
I described the problem with "No audio devices" - Ok, the HDMI audio is available but not the onboard sound.

OS X version is now 10.14.2, Asrock Z370 extreme, i7 8700k, RX580

I used multibeast 11 for installation

All necessary files should be in the attached zip file.

If I misunderstand something please let me know and I will send the correct information.

Many thanks

I'm in the same boat. I can see audio from HDMI (but both monitors have no speakers) but can't hear a sound from motherboard.
In high sierra I used to run audio_cloverALC-130.command and worked for every update. In Mojave I was not able to make it work. Mojave 10.14.3.
I think I tried almost everything.
I attach here my EFI. The Hack is with Z370+i8700k.
Thanks.
A.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.3 MB · Views: 136
On boot, the audio functions all right. There is sound, music and etc. However, if I do not play music and stay the hack quite for same time, the sound disappears when I try to play the music later.

And if I manually sleep the hack, after waking up, the sound gets back.

Fresh installation of 10.14.4 two days ago.

Tom

Just testing the 1.3.6-version AppleALC kext. The sound disappeared after some sound-idle time (e.g., do not make any sound for 10 minutes).

Last edited:
Amazing guide, thank you! After so much frustration at last my audio card is working on Mac. Great job!

Hi,

I have an ASrock Z390M-ITX/ac mini ITX board with i3 8100 running with iGPU only.
This board has a Realtek ALC892 chip.
Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen among the drivers.
I'm using a layout 2

Everything work. Patched video connectors thanks to Hackingtool etc etc.
Audio works, BUT holy cow how bad the quality is, especially through Bluetooth using a DW1560 module.
I was using a Gigabyte Z370N WiFi before.
Audio is actually distorted through bluetooth.
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Back